Monday, 15 March 2010

Hand Me Down My Bible.



Oho glory-o, now I am the Lord's disciple
Oho glory-o, now hand me down my bible

I like my liquor and my livin' hard
May the Lord save my soul
My salvation was the turn of a card
My heart's as black as coal
But everybody's got the right to go wrong
Everybody's got to sing my song
Everybody's got the right to go wrong
Sing my song, sing my song

Oho glory-o, now I am the Lord's disciple
Oho glory-o, now hand me down my bible

Oho glory-o, now I am the Lord's disciple
Oho glory-o, now hand me down my bible

I don't give a damn for any man
As all the world can see
The time has come to make a stand
To shine your light on me
Come on people let your life begin
Come on now let the sun shine in
Come on people let your life begin
Let it in, let it in

Oho glory-o, now I am the Lord's disciple
Oho glory-o, now hand me down my bible

Oho glory-o, now I am the Lord's disciple
Oho glory-o, now hand me down my bible

Oho glory-o, now I am the Lord's disciple
Oho glory-o, now hand me down my bible

4 comments:

  1. Now this is Irish......am really enjoying your book Victor, almost finished. So happy I purchased it and love, love the message.
    ........:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Bernie,

    There will be one more Dubliners song on St Patrick's Day.

    I'm so glad you're enjoying my book Bernie. Thank you so much for letting me know what you think. Tell others about it too; or they may borrow your copy perhaps!

    I'm really pleased Bernie. Thank you and God bless you always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a peculiar song! I can't decide if they're being sarcastic or not. Funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah,

    I never thought of that. I thought it was a song about someone turning over a new leaf and finding Christ.

    You've got me thinking now Sarah.

    What do other readers think?

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...