Tuesday, 24 April 2012

Interview with Vic Moubarak

Interviewer: Tell me about yourself.

Vic: There’s very little to tell. I’m an ordinary person … born many years ago in hospital in Maternity Ward A and B.

Int: A and B?

Vic: I was a big baby!

Int: What do you remember of your childhood?

Vic: When I was born I cried a lot, and everyone around me was happy and laughing. I suspect when I get to die those around me would be sad yet I’d be the one happy and laughing … because I’d get to meet Jesus!

Int: And what would you say to Him?

Vic: Wow … that’s a difficult question. I think for once I’d be lost for words … I’d probably have a heart attack at meeting Jesus face to face. Can you have a heart attack if you’re dead?

I suppose if I remember I’d say thank you … if I remember. I’m like those nine lepers … I’d probably forget to say thank you. But that’s what we should say … thank you.

Int: Have you always been a Christian?

Vic: I was brought up a Catholic, and have always been so. I’ve often wondered what if my parents were a different denomination … or a different religion even … or no religion at all! Would I have become a Christian, or a Catholic even? I don’t know … Would I have found Jesus … or would He have found me?

Int: What led you to write your book “Visions”?

Vic: I’ve often wondered what Christians truly believe … Many go to church regularly … but in reality, what do they believe? Do they go just out of habit or do they go because God is there in person through the Eucharist? Do they visit the building or God?

And then I asked myself, what if Jesus appeared to some children here and now. Just like the visions at Lourdes, Fatima and other places many years ago. What if it happened now … how would Christians react? How would other people react?

The book “Visions” puts these questions in a modern context. And I hope it challenges readers to provide their own answers.

Int: Is it selling well?

Vic: I’ve bought a copy!

Int: What message would you like readers to take from the book?

Vic: Primarily, I wish them to re focus on their beliefs and to re affirm to themselves and to God what they truly believe. If one reader does just that, then the book would have been worth it.

Int: Thank you for your time.

Vic: Pleasure. God bless.

15 comments:

  1. Brilliant!

    Victor, I will have to get you to write my 'about me' page. It would be far more interesting and entertaining than what's on that page at the moment. I need something to grab people's attention... just like your interview with Vic Moubarak.

    I especially like the bit: "I’d probably have a heart attack at meeting Jesus face to face. Can you have a heart attack if you’re dead?"

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victor,

    I forgot to say I enjoyed your book very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue,

    Thank you for taking the trouble to write in. I'll be more than happy to discuss your "About Me" page if you wish. I'm so pleased you enjoyed my book, Sue. Thanx very much for the encouragement.

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is always such a pleasure to visit here! Enjoyed your interview! Have a grand day! Cahty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Cathy. It's so nice to see you visiting me again. Thanx.

    I hope you are keeping well.

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you really think you would ever be at a loss for words Victor? Well I sure hope not, your words are to inspirational!

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ehmmm ... mmm ... don't know what to say Daily Grace. Except, thank you so much for your kind words and for visiting me here. I really appreciate your visits.

    God bless you always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know whether I'd be touched or laughing, when I started reading this post, Victor, and it was both. And, now, I'm really intrigued. I'm enjoying Father Ignatius Teaches but I haven't read Visions. That will have to be next on my reading list.

    I'm so glad to have met you online, Victor, and to be able to enjoy your writing. Thank you:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanx Vicky for visiting me again and for your kind words of encouragement. I'm so pleased you're enjoying my E Book. I look forward to hearing what you think of it, and my other books, when you've read them.

    I'm glad we've met online too. Without readers I might as well be writing to myself ... hello ... is anyone there? Hello ... hello ...

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Victor,
    It's so nice to get to know a little bit more about you. We visit people online and I'm always wondering about them. I can only imagine what it would be like to meet God face to face. Sometimes...I get overwelmed thinking about it. I know I'll probably say something that he's heard a million times before. I think I would just cry and maybe that would be enough for him. I'm buying your Visons book!!! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Beautiful Whispers,

    How kind of you to take the time to write in. Thank you. Yes, we meet so many people online and I find most are very nice people. Pity I can't meet them in real life because they are all so far away ... USA, Canada, Australia. Why is everywhere so far from the UK?

    Thanx for buying Visions. Please let me know what you think of it when you have read it.

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Victor,
    Your book, Visions, reminds me of a certain scenario that is being played out in our church right now. I'm not sure why some people are so close-minded to these sort of things while others are so open but I think a lot of it has to do with how secular our society on the whole has become. I'm glad you wrote Visions - it's a book that makes people step outside of themselves and think. Puts them in another person's shoes so to speak.

    God bless you, Victor :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're right Mary. Society has become secular and many people, Christians included, find it difficult to believe. What chance have non-believers to find Christ amongst us when we Christians set such a bad example.

    That's the whole point of my book Visions. It's meant to challenge Christians to consider carefully what they actually believe.

    God bless you and yours Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Is it selling well?"... "I bought a copy."

    Ha! So did I. Glad I did.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Sarah for buying my book. I hope you enjoyed it. Don't forget to download my other FREE E Books from the links on the right.

    God bless you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...