Thursday, 27 August 2015

Under sedation

Today we took the dog to the vet. He was put under sedation so that the vet could check him out properly and take any necessary X rays.

We picked him up after he was awakened from sedation. He was a little unsteady on his feet and a bit groggy. The vet said he'd be like that all day.

Anyway, as long as he doesn't drive any vehicles like fork lift trucks, or work near machinery he'll be OK I suppose.

We gave him the best food available and the best of attention. He ate the steak earmarked for me and I enjoyed a tin of dog food on toast.

This whole episode led me to think, as I often do ...

I wonder how many Christians there are under sedation.

You know ... going to church on Sunday, say the odd prayer every now and then, and all is OK ... they see themselves destined for Heaven one day.

Is it really as easy as that? I asked myself, but did not answer.

What about "Not everyone who calls me 'Lord, Lord' will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but only those who do what my Father in Heaven wants them to do." Matthew 7:21

How many people are there just hoping that by doing the least possible, and by ignoring poor Lazarus at their gate, they will still end up in Paradise.

Sleep-walking into hell more like!

6 comments:

  1. Good analogy. I would be terrified if my Jack Russell Terrierists could drive! Period! *lol* Hope your Angel Puppy is healed soon. Dogs are my weakness. Much prefer them to most two legged creatures.

    I think most people are sedated nowadays. Our little country community in SE Georgia is having problems with people who go to a doctor, say they're "depressed", and Dr. Dealer puts them on Prozac or some other mind altering drug. I've nicknamed them Fish Eyes (as in, can't focus on anything but their own selfish lives at the moment). What's really scary is they can legally drive (and vote)! Lordy. I'd rather be unhappy for awhile than get hooked on that mess. I had one Fish Eye tell me the Doc said she was "depressed". Finally fed up with her whining I retorted, "You're not depressed. You're just fat, lazy, and married the wrong guy." (All true.) Funny, she never spoke to me again but I hope she gave that some serious thought. ~:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sparky you are a brilliant person with a great sense of humour. You brighten my day. I'm glad I met you.

      I like the way you replied to that woman.

      When I went to the doctor he asked me to lie on the couch. I asked him: "Why?" He said: "Because I want to vacuum clean where you're standing!"

      I'd only gone to see the doctor because I heard he was ill; and you have to visit the sick, don't you?

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. Victor, these people needn't necessarily be sleep-walking into hell. As long as people who do pray, like you and me, offer up prayers and sacrifices for them, Our Lord will show them mercy and kindness.

    I hope everything is well for you and your family, my friend.
    God bless :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Vicky,

      How nice to see you visiting here again. Thank you. I hope you are keeping well.

      You're right. We should be praying for these people, as you say.

      God bless you and your family.

      Delete
  3. I was wondering how the dog food tasted. Any good? :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Manny, with plenty of tomato ketchup.

      God bless you and yours.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...