Saturday, 26 September 2015

I wish we'd all been ready

SIR CLIFF RICHARD



Life was filled with guns and war
And every one got trampled on the floor
I wish we'd all been ready
Children died the days grew cold
A piece of bread could buy a bag of gold
I wish we'd all been ready

There's no time to change your mind
The Son has come and you've been left behind

A man and wife asleep in bed
She hears a noise she turns her head he's gone
I wish we'd all been ready
Two men walking up a hill
One disappears and one's left standing still
I wish we'd all been ready

There's no time to change your mind
The Son has come and you've been left behind

Life was filled with guns and war
And every one got trampled on the floor
I wish we'd all been ready
Children died the days grew cold
A piece of bread could buy a bag of gold
I wish we'd all been ready

There's no time to change your mind
How could you have been so blind?

The Father spoke the demons died
The Son has come and you've been left behind

Don’t get left behind
Don’t get left behind
Don’t get left behind

8 comments:

  1. This is something I wish all would seriously ponder, then seek the truth in God's Holy Word. It's a good lesson to be more concerned about our eternal destination than appearances, bank accounts, or anything else.
    Hope your day is blessed. ~:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well spoken, Sparky. Hope you and yours are keeping well.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. Wow. I don't think I've heard this before, but it is certainly powerful. Thank you for sharing! God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a powerful song, Michael. Cliff Richard is a Christian pop singer who also records Christian songs.

      God bless.

      Delete
  3. My older sisters loved this song when they were teenagers. It was one of a few apocalyptic songs they sang. I really liked it, but it scared me, too. It made me so sad to think of a husband and wife being separated from each other - one going to heaven and the other left behind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jennifer for visiting me here. I really appreciate it.

      Yes, it is a scary and sad song. There are so many of us who see loved one's who do not believe, and as much as we would want them to, and wish them to be in Heaven with us, they insist on not believing. I know of such in my family. All we can do is continue to pray for them.

      God bless you and yours.

      Delete
  4. "I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven had passed away and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband." What a GLORIOUS DAY that will be!
    Blessings, Victor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God bless you too Lulu, and thank you so much for visiting me and for your support.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...