Wednesday, 20 January 2016

How's your brain wired?

There was a program on TV the other day that said that men's and women's brains are wired differently. Now, I didn't know there were wires as such in one's brains; perhaps they meant nerve endings or connectors as a friend of mine used to explain brain actions and reactions. Anyway, what they were saying on TV is that men's brains are wired from back to front on one's head, whereas women's brains are wired from side to side on their heads - they didn't explain whether it was from left to right, or right to left, or whether it matters. I hate it when TV programs are not precise in what they purport to teach you.

Basically the point they were making is that because of this different wiring men and women often misunderstand each other. Now I happen to know from personal experience, and from discussing this matter seriously in the pub with friends, that many men world-wide, after years of marriage, still fail to understand their wives. So there must be some truth in it.

The program also said that although women can have difficulty with spatial awareness, men are different. As an example, they mentioned an unhappy marriage where the wife constantly threw things at her husband when they were having an argument. Eventually, after many years, the husband went to a lawyer to seek a divorce. The lawyer asked him why it took him so long to decide to leave his wife. The man replied: "Her aim is getting better!"

Men on the other hand are different in that they can sometimes fail to see something that is obvious in front of them. Like seeing an elk in the fridge even though there are obvious footprints in the butter.

Personally, if this happened to me I would not know an elk, from a wapiti, or from a stag or reindeer. But I certainly know the difference between butter and margarine - it says so on the label. Maybe elks should have labels on them. And why would the wife put an elk in the fridge anyway? See ... women think differently and often put elks in fridges.

Another difference between the sexes is that whereas men can always be reasonable, women have this ability of making them feel less so and in need to apologise without even knowing what they are apologising for.

Apparently, men are also not able to use the eggs from the fridge from left to right, oldest first, rather than from right to left in reverse freshness order; even though they have been told to do so several times. Personally, I'll admit of never having had this problem. I take the eggs from anywhere haphazard; from middle, left or right. It doesn't matter to me. Anyway, did the hens lay the eggs in order when they put them in the supermarket boxes that we buy?

Oh, one more thing about men. They put the toilet paper wrong on the roll. Just like in the picture above. Apparently, the paper should unfold towards you not from the back of the roll. To be fair to men though, there are no instructions on the packet telling them about this.

So there you have it. Differences between men's and women's brains can lead to several domestic difficulties and we should learn to live happily with one another. Have you noticed any differences between men and women?

Now why are my cans of beer in the pantry next to the dog food when I remember well putting them in the fridge instead of the milk, yoghurt, cheese and other dairy products?

10 comments:

  1. Victor, I obviously am no expert in all this, so will refrain from comment. Well, except to say, thanks for the laugh!
    Blessings, Friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed today's post. Lulu.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. My brain is not wired from front to back, nor from side to side. My brain is wired from top of the skull down and back up. Gosh, that's why I walk into walls and have a hard time deciding whether to use the men's or lady's room. :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point Manny. I tend to agree ... about the wiring thing.

      God bless you my friend.

      Delete
  3. I thought y'all where from Mars while women are from Venus? I know, great, give you the planet with all the monsters. *lol*
    Have a blessed day. ~:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose this theory about brain wiring is a bit like the Mars/Venus theory. Glad I made you smile, Sparky.

      God bless.

      Delete
  4. Oh, my, I am not sure how our brains are wired, but I do know that God created us to offset each other's weaknesses and strengths! It is a beautiful plan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! I always turn the toilet paper roll around when my husband puts it on backward!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You see ... it proves that men are different.

      God bless you and yours Mary.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...