Saturday, 14 January 2017

Praying

 
Father Ignatius sat in the empty church right up front by Our Lady’s statue. He watched for a while the votive candles burning at her feet and then started his Rosary.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, these words came whirling fast into his head, totally uncontrollable and spontaneous, yet as clear as if they were spoken to him there and then.

“How shall I pray, Lord?” said the words in Father Ignatius’ head.

“Shall I beg over and over again for You to hear me? Is that what You want of me?

“Shall I plead for ever like the widow to the judge until she was heard?

“How do You want me to see You? As an over-powerful ruler demanding His own way?

“How do You want me to love You? As one loves a monster, with immense fear lest I arouse your anger and wrath?

“Shall I fear You for ever and cower at the thought of your fury?”

Father Ignatius stopped praying and made the sign of the Cross. He took a deep breath … and yet the words continued in his mind … somehow gentler now … somehow softer …

“Love me as a child … with no fear and no dread.

“Trust me as a child trusts his parents when they give him food and drink.

“A child never questions whether the food is good to eat … he takes it in trust and asks for more.

“He never doubts when led by his parents … he follows eagerly holding hands along the way.

“Love me as a child … and I’ll treat you with love and compassion.

“Ask me as a child … and I’ll give you what’s good for you in good time.

“Trust me as a child … and I’ll show you the way …

“No matter how difficult your journey ahead, I’ll always be there … guiding you into eternity … with Me.”

The words suddenly stopped as quickly as they’d started. Yet their message remained with the priest for a long time.

12 comments:

  1. Unless we become like little children, we cannot see God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a beautiful post! The song moved me to tears...the way you put those amazing pictures with the moving song and music. I have been crying out to Him much today over so many burdens. What a Friend we truly do have in Jesus! The words were so rich to my soul today, just like I was hearing them for the first time. The longer we serve Him, the more precious He truly becomes to us, just like a friendship deepens and enriches with time. I am so thankful for all you do, my friend. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praying right now for your burdens Cheryl. Let us trust Him even more when we're in difficulties.

      Thank you for your kind words about my writings.

      God bless you and yours.

      Delete
  3. Hi Victor! This has to be one of my most favorite posts of yours. Like Cheryl, I was moved to tears too. What a tender, loving God you present to us, a every word you wrote rings true. We are so blessed to have a God who loves us as children, and will take care of us just like that.
    May we always feel the need to come to our Father for help. I think he lives for that...
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Ceil.

      Indeed, God loves us as His children.

      May He bless you and yours always.

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful post full Victor! Yes, like he feeds the sparrows, so He will always take care of us, and guiding us to eternity. His ways are not always understood, but perfect. I want to live in that trust today. Thank you for your words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, Lynn. Yes indeed, God does care for us like no one else.

      God bless you always.

      Delete
  5. We in our human minds always seem to complicate prayer and GOD. Thanks Victor for reminding us how simple but powerful a childlike faith is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ugochi for your kind words. It is nice to see you here. We look forward to your return visits.

      God bless.

      Delete
  6. What an amazing concept, that the Lord who created this universe, and holds the world in His hand, is our friend, and comes to us as close as the mention of His name. The glory of the knowledge of His nearness never ceases to amaze me. Beautiful words Victor, and lovely video too. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, SpicingUpIdaho. Nice to see you visiting again.

      God bless.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...