Tuesday, 14 February 2017

Important Scientific Facts You Should Know

 
I was reading a science book the other day and I was fascinated by the number of facts which I did not know. In fact the more I read the more I realised how much I did not know and how ignorant I really am.

For example; did you know that the majority of men with beards (about 68%) sleep with their beards tucked under the bed covers rather than over the bed covers?

And that beards grow faster and longer than hair on men's heads?

Human ears grow bigger in proportion to the rest of our bodies as we grow older? I knew an old man once with very large ears sticking out quite a bit. He looked like a car with its doors open. When he was outdoors, at the slightest gust of wind he would pirouette round like a hotel revolving door.

Did you know that if you had a meal in a restaurant that is totally dark you would not be able to tell the difference between steak and a beefburger?

Did you also know that if you're in a vacuum and you shout loud no one would hear you? And it would make no difference whether the vacuum cleaner is switched on or off, or whether the bag is full of dirt and dust or whether it is empty?

Do you realise that if you had a small bird in a cage, and as you happen to weigh the cage, if the bird jumped up from its perch then its weight would not register on the scale? Also, if you were to weigh the cage under water the small bird would drown?

And in order to peel and cut an onion without tears you have to do it under water; that is if you can hold your breath for that long?

Did you know that Absolute Zero is the lowest possible temperature you can ever get to? You just cannot get any lower than Absolute Zero. It is in fact -273.15° on the Celsius scale and -459.67° on the Fahrenheit scale. It is over 100 kilos on the bathroom scale if you have been over-eating lately.

At Absolute Zero nothing really happens. The buses will not run so it is pointless waiting for them at the bus stop. And don’t even be tempted to lick the bus stop sign whilst you're there because there may be all sort of germs on it.

Absolute Zero is also what most men get from their wives when they've said or done something that upsets them. 

Moving up from Absolute Zero, the highest temperature that has ever been recorded is on a ladder 35 feet tall. It was when an amorous young knight in Olde England attempted to deliver a plate of spaghetti to his paramour who was trapped in a tower because the door was frozen solid and he couldn't turn the key in the lock.

Which reminds me … I once saw a ghost with an eye-patch! He said he was going through the keyhole when someone put the key in.

Here's a short video about viruses which you should watch for your own health.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Victor! I had read about the continuing growth of ears, and I do look at elderly peole's ear sizes now. Some of them are quite large!
    I think I should just walk around with gloves on, don't you? That way, I don't have to keep a door handle in my purse or my pocket. Imagine what the Kiss of Peace would look like in churches all over the world? Half of us with door handles, half with gloves...what a sight!
    Happy Valentine's day to you :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ceil,

      Yes, ears do grow bigger as we grow older. Elephants live for many years, and look at the size of their ears. A man I know has such large ears that he keeps tripping on them.

      As for the Sign/Kiss of Peace in church. I usually wave at the people near me and say: "I don't want to shake hands because I do not know where you have been!" Somehow, I don't seem to have many friends at that church.

      Wishing you a splendid Valentine's Day.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. This should be titled, Loose Associations.
    VICTOR--laughing!
    Blessings, My Friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Lulu. But they are Scientific (Well Proven) Loose Associations.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  3. Oh, Victor! What wonderful advice...always carry a door handle! There! You have solved the dilemma of how not to spread germs! You are so funny...you always make us smile. God bless you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased you are smiling, Cheryl. I hope you and your family are keeping well. Praying for you all.

      God bless.

      Delete
  4. Human nose also grows bigger with age. Not sure if that's because of the accumulation of lies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of that, Manny. A friend of mine has such a big nose that it enters the room half-an-hour before her.

      God bless.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...