Tuesday 2 March 2021

I'm offended I think

 

It seems to me that people today are too easily offended. They take offence at anything. Why don't they take the garden gate as well as the fence? If I were an ostrich I would be very offended at the bad publicity we ostriches get about burying our heads in the sand. This is not true. We can take offence at anything as good as the next man, or woman, or bird or anything for that matter.

In the olden days, when my great grand-mother, Aurelia Zephanaia theThird, took offence at something, she kept quiet about it. She did not have Facebook, Twitter and all the other social media outlets on which to publicise her offendability. 

Is there such a word as offendability? I am offended that people can just invent words as they like these days. I blame it on social media. We should ban all such opportunities to portray and broadcast one's reasons to be offended. These are not only puerile but they also encourage other fatheads who were not remotely offended to now join in and be equally offended even though they do not know or understand what they are meant to be offended about.

Once you broadcast the reason for your offence on social media, the chances are others will either join in and get offended just like you, or will start an argument publicly decrying the fact that you are offended. Either way, the outcome is not good. They should follow my great grand-mother's example and sit on a cactus and keep their offence to themselves.

I get greatly offended when Christianity is mocked an TV by so-called comedians and public influencers. If I were to write in to the TV companies the chances are I would be ignored, or probably sent a mealy-mouthed reply trying to pacify me.

I am even more offended that the Church, (all denominations), is/are not more vocal about this. They just turn a blind eye and ignore the insults to Christianity.

But then I remember. God can take our mockery, our insults and our anger. After all He took them all when hanging there on the Cross, did He not?

No doubt He will ask our Church leaders when He meets them face to face why they were ashamed of Him when He was mocked and insulted so.

What does offend you these days? Tell us about it. I promise not to be offended by it.

22 comments:

  1. ...the actions of some or too many Christians offend me and if they stopped to think they should be offended too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Victor,
    That is so true but we can be proud for having a Priest that stood up against it.
    <a href="http://bit.ly/3e4Xh63”>Priest Declares Joe Biden ‘The Most Aggressively Anti-Catholic President in History'</a>
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad that building in a link no longer works...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are too many people getting offended these days on a variety of subjects.

      God bless, Mariette.

      Delete
    2. Building in a clickable link I talked about...

      Delete
  4. I have a blogger friend who on any particularly good post simply replies "Bacon!"

    BACON!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you JoeH. I like bacon. I'm off to the kitchen to make a sandwich right now.

      God bless.

      Delete
  5. Great post to mull over Victor.
    To be or not to be offended...that is the question.
    The answer, I have no idea!
    Usually I feel anger or sorrow.
    To many emotional ranges for me to comprehend.

    God's Blessings Victor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not against people being offended, Jan. Sometimes being offended or angry can spur us to do good. The problem these days is that people like to broadcast their offendability on social media for self-aggrandissment.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  6. Too many snowflakes drifting about, Victor. Anything and everything offends them, and if you don't agree with them? You're cancelled! I don't think any earthly craziness will ever succeed, though, in cancelling God. And I, for one, will stand up for Him.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe God can handle our bad behaviour as a human race. As you say, there are too many snowflakes about. I like to call them fatheads with too much lard for brains.

      God bless, Martha.

      Delete
  7. When you know nothing but think you know everything. Too many people fall under this category. I don't do social media simply because there are millions of ignorant people out there who get easily offended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you're right. Too many people being influenced by others and following the crowd in total ignorance.

      God bless, bill.

      Delete
  8. I'm offended -- and appalled -- by all the ignorance, passing as humor. Well, that and those who fawn over a certain incompetent leader and his merry band of Marxist Leninists. (Sorry, not sorry.) 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, humour here in the UK is appalling with the so-called comedians we have.

      God bless, Mevely.

      Delete
  9. Well done! A sensitive subject handled with humor and truth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too many people are offended over the least little thing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is offensive when Christianity is mocked, especially by people who would never dare to mock any other religion. And yes, i do say something when i get the chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes courage to stand up for Christianity when it is mocked.

      God bless you, Mimi.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.