Saturday, 5 September 2026

Congratulations Father Francis Maple

 

 
CONGRATULATIONS
FATHER FRANCIS MAPLE O.F.M. Cap
ON THE CELEBRATION
OF YOUR PLATINUM JUBILEE 
 
Thank you for 70 years
of service to
Our Lord 
 
Father Francis Maple is a Franciscan monk who celebrates his 70th Anniversary as a friar today.

Known as "The Singing Friar" Father Francis has sung at many concerts to raise money for charity and has recorded 42 albums earning a Gold Disc for his album the “Old Rugged Cross”.  This success helped Father Francis raise over one million pounds for charities supporting the poor - for which he was awarded the MBE in the Queen's 1997 Honours List.

He has also sung in public over the years in malls, shopping centres, bus stations and at his own concerts to raise money for charity. He has written several books, (sermons, cooking recipes, jokes), and has contributed to many newspaper columns and Catholic newspapers and magazines. He spends a lot of time travelling throughout the UK leading Missions in various Catholic churches. 
  
WEBSITE LINK HERE  
 
 
More songs HERE

Here I Am, Lord

I, the Lord of sea and sky,
I have heard my people cry.
All who dwell in dark and sin
My hand will save.

I who made the stars of night,
I will make their darkness bright.
Who will bear my light to them?
Whom shall I send?

Here I am, Lord. Is it I, Lord?
I have heard you calling in the night.
I will go, Lord, if you lead me.
I will hold your people in my heart.


I, the Lord of snow and rain,
I have borne my people's pain.
I have wept for love of them.
They turn away.

I will break their hearts of stone,
Give them hearts for love alone.
I will speak my word to them.
Whom shall I send?

Here I am, Lord. Is it I, Lord?
I have heard you calling in the night.
I will go, Lord, if you lead me.
I will hold your people in my heart.


I, the Lord of wind and flame,
I will tend the poor and lame.
I will set a feast for them.
My hand will save.

Finest bread I will provide
Till their hearts be satisfied.
I will give my life to them.
Whom shall I send?

Here I am, Lord. Is it I, Lord?
I have heard you calling in the night.
I will go, Lord, if you lead me.
I will hold your people in my heart.

Isaiah 6

1 comment:

  1. What a tender song sung so beautifully. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.