Saturday 9 April 2011

WHY I LOVE JESUS.

I have been tagged by Mary for a meme called Why I love Jesus.

The rules for this meme are:

- Those tagged will share 5 things they "love" about Jesus

- Those tagged will tag 5 other bloggers

- Those tagged will provide a link to those they have tagged as well as the originator of the tag; to encourage others to visit them.

Now this is a great idea because as a Christian community we should encourage each other and visit each others' Blogs if only to say "Hello". I know we don't always have something to say in the comments box; but just "Hello" would encourage Bloggers in that they know they have been visited and their efforts appreciated.

OK here goes. This is a list of the Blogs I would invite you to visit starting with Mary plus five more. Just click on their names below to visit them:

Mary   Sarah   Karinann   Daily Grace   Michael    and Tracy.

I'm sorry they're not in alphabetical order, or any order for that matter. Blame it on a wasted education !!!

And now here are my reasons "Why I love Jesus".   

Jesus is the Son of God and He visited us here on earth as a human being, to share our humanity, to live amongst us, to listen to us and to teach us.

Whilst here He healed many people and raised them from the dead. He was all-powerful and all He had to do is think it, or click His fingers, and a person would be healed. But He did not do that. He took time to talk to the sick, the poor and the destitute. He touched them and they were healed or raised back to life. He took time to visit them in their homes and showed love and pity for them.

He was above all obedient. He obeyed His mother at the wedding in Cana and ultimately He obeyed His Father on the Cross.

Although He knew from a very early age what was to happen to Him, and the very thought must have tortured His mind many times throughout His life; He still accepted His destiny and died for us in a most cruel way.

He was then raised from the dead and as He ascended to Heaven He promised to be with us always, to the end of time. He is here with us right now. Only a prayer away. If we believe in Him and trust Him.

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking part in this meme, Victor. I love your thoughts on Jesus here! Like you, I've often wondered how it must have felt for Jesus to walk on the earth and always have that shadow of death looming over his head. I guess we will never quite know how much He suffered until we die and can understand the immensity of it.
    I cannot imagine a world without Jesus.

    God bless you, Victor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary,

    I doubt many of us could go on with life if we knew what would happen to us in future. Yet, Christ carried this Cross literally throughout His life.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Victor,

    Love your reasons for loving Jesus! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for tagging me. I'll post my response on Wednesday. I love your thoughts on Jesus. I never thought about how he spent so much time with the sick and the needy, instead of just snapping his fingers and supplying the need instantly. I'm sure he enjoyed his time with all those people, and how amazing it must have been for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings Kathryn and Sarah,

    Thank you for taking the time to write in. It's very much appreciated.

    Christ knew that people needed personal attention on a one-to-one basis. Something that we need to remember and do the same ourselves in life.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for thinking of me Victor! I just got back from a wonderful 4 day trip to our mountain house up north, but I look forward to doing this tommorrow!

    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back Daily Grace. I hope you're keeping well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The picture of Jesus taking time to talk to the sick and touch them spells human kindness. We must take His example and give people our time and attention and a gentle touch. How many fewer criminals would be in this world if they had somebody to care and love the way Jesus loves. Let the love of Christ shine from each one of us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very wise words Barb.

    Thank you so much for visiting and writing in.

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Victor, I've finally posted my meme:

    http://basketcase-adventures.blogspot.com/2011/04/why-i-love-jesus.html

    I wasn't nearly so eloquent as you. It's been a long, tiring week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sarah,

    I hope you have a restful weekend. Praying for you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Victor
    Thank you for tagging me. I love the meme - and will reply in an upcoming post. How appropriate during Lent!
    God Bless you

    ReplyDelete
  13. God bless you too Michael.

    Looking forward to your post.

    ReplyDelete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.