Tuesday 26 May 2015

Gadgets Gadgets Gadgets

It's amazing how many electronic gadgets we have around us these days which didn't exist only a few years ago. Like cellular phones for instance, musical recording devices like MP3 players and similar instruments, tablets, electronic readers instead of books and so on.

I friend of mine is really mad about gadgets. He has a device which opens his garage door just as he approaches his house. Somehow, the garage door detects his car approaching and opens automatically and switches the garage lights on. Very impressive.

When he gets home all he needs to do is tap his hands and the lights come on. One tap lights on. Two taps the curtains are drawn shut. Three taps they are open. Four taps the fire is on in the fire place. It's great fun when there's applause on TV.

He also has a small device always stuck in his ear. I asked him what it was and he said it's his cellular phone. He says "Call Vic" and the device somehow dials my number and he talks to me without using his phone. He is often seen walking in the street talking to himself; or to someone else on the other end of this contraption in his ear.

The other day we went to the zoo as a family. His family and mine. It was a pleasant day throughout until we approached the ostrich enclosure. The ostriches are in an open area with a barrier separating us from them.

I don't know whether it was a floating ostrich feather or high pollen count but suddenly my friend started sneezing violently. He shook his head forward and the device flew out of his ear and into the enclosure.

Immediately ... an ostrich arrived from nowhere and swallowed the device.

There was nothing else to do but go home.

For the next few days, every time someone phoned my friend they heard a loud SQUAK in their ear. They thought his secretary had just sat on a cactus, or had some other misfortune whilst answering the phone.

6 comments:

  1. :D

    I *like* gadgets - and must admit that artificial intelligence isn't very: so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brian,

      How nice of you to visit me here. Thank you. Hope to see you visiting again soon.

      Yes, I like gadgets too. But half the time I can't use them. I've had someone else record my music on the MP3. And I still don't know how to use Facebook or LinkIn. Too complicated.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  2. It's not the gadget--it's how do you work the gadget!!! SO FRUSTRATING! And then the 4 year old grand has no problem and you wonder why my ego is in the pits! HOW do you come up with the stories, Victor?? What a mind!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lulu,

      I often have two or more stories buzzing in my head at the same time. It just happens ... whilst driving, on the bus, train or wherever. Especially in church, (but don't tell anyone).

      God bless you.

      Delete
  3. I just want to know, does the ostrich hear better now? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant! I like your sense of humour, Kim.

      Thanx for visiting me again.

      God bless you.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.