Sunday 31 May 2015

God with us.

At prayer meeting the other day a newcomer, a middle aged man we’d never met before, said he was about to celebrate his 30th Wedding Anniversary. We all congratulated him.

He said like all marriages, his had its ups and downs, including arguments and silent treatments, but overall it was OK. For their 25th Anniversary he took his wife to Paris. He said the last five years were the happiest of his marriage.

“How will you celebrate your 30th?” he was asked.

“I’m returning to Paris to bring the wife back!”

Absence makes the heart grow fonder – they say. But this joke takes it to extremes.

Sometimes, wrongly, we feel God has ignored us. He is not listening. Abandoned us even. So we give Him the silent treatment. Stop praying. Stop going to church. And eventually we may drift away.

If only we stop and think. When we feel distanced from God it is only because we have moved away. He has not left us. He is always there. Just a prayer away. Ready to welcome us back in His arms with love and forgiveness.

I will be with you always, to the end of the age. Matthew 28:20.

8 comments:

  1. GREAT POST, Victor. Rarely do I have nothing to add, but I have nothing to add.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your being here is all that matters Lulu.

      God bless you always.

      Delete
  2. Hi Victor! I love that image of Jesus you have on this post. So calm and loving...and I really agree with your thoughts. He is always with us, as close as my heart is to myself. It's such a hard concept to grasp, but if I feel far away, it is because I took a walk away.

    I felt so much peace reading your words. A wonderful way to start my week.
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you always Ceil, and your family too. May you always walk close to the Lord.

      Delete
  3. Victor, I always feel Jesus with me. Some days He is closer (or I feel as if He is) than others. Thankfully He does not leave us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful sentiments Kim. Sometimes I stumble and my Faith takes a shaking. I know He's always there; but I still panic. A bit like St Peter when he stepped off the boat to go towards Jesus.

      God bless you Kim.

      Delete
  4. Very good lesson. I like that analogy. So true!
    Have a blessed day. ~:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to see you visiting again Sparky. Thank you.

      God bless.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.