Wednesday 29 January 2014

Man's instructions. God's instructions.


I don't know about you but I'm getting rather confused with all the instructions or rules written for us by so called experts and people in authority.

My problem is that these instructions are often unclear and open to interpretation with, for me, perplexing and/or dire results.

Let me give you some examples.

I bought a large "Family Pack" of already shelled almonds and cashew nuts. Enough for all of us to enjoy whilst watching the slimming programs on TV. It said on the packet "Once opened keep cool and dry and away from sunlight and strong odours". But it doesn't say what to do to keep the nuts fresh. How can the fact that I keep cool, dry and so on affect the freshness of the nuts?

Another confusing instruction came with a packet of quick-cook rice. The writing on the packet said “Take sachet out of packet and stand in boiling water for 10 minutes”. I did that and burnt my feet.

I also read in my Cookery Recipe Book that to avoid tears whilst peeling and cutting onions you should do it under water. It works, but you have to come up for air every few seconds.

Even my doctor can be unclear with his instructions. I told him that I get a pain in my eye every time I drink coffee or tea. He said: Take the spoon out of the cup first.

This same doctor advised a friend of mine suffering from rheumatism to keep away from all dampness. Now he sits in the bath and vacuum cleans himself. 

God's instructions on the other hand are quite clear.

When He gave us the Ten Commandments He meant just that: ten rules or instructions for us to follow in our lives.

He did not mean ten suggestions or proposals for us to debate and alter to suit our selfish modern lifestyles.

8 comments:

  1. Lol. I love your sense of humor, Victor!

    Yes, God's instructions are very clear. Unfortunately they are not allowed in very many places here in America. My dad protested this by posting them on the front door of his home. It's the first thing everyone sees when they knock on the door.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very brave of your dad, Mary, to post the 10 Commandments on his door. You must have great parents to have raised you such a good Christian.

      Here in the UK Christianity is often mocked on TV and the media and the very belief in God is seen as quaint and old-fashioned. We've become a secular country, and church attendances are falling.

      God bless you, Mary.

      Delete
  2. Oh, Christianity is mocked here as well, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Times never change. Jesus Himself was mocked all those years ago.

      God bless.

      Delete
  3. Hi Victor! I read with interest the conversation between you and Mary. Oh yes, people of faith are often lampooned in the media in the USA. But as you point out, it's everywhere. I think our society keeps getting more and more secular, and reliance on self. Yikes.

    I find a mask and snorkel helps when cutting onions.
    Blessings, Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ceil,

      It's truly sad how Christianity is so much under attack these days. But God is still in control.

      How do you manage to fit an onion inside a mask and snorkel? I tried it and couldn't put the mask on.

      God bless.

      Delete
  4. Your story reminds me of another beautiful long story about two men who were in a hospital room where not too many made it out and they really didn't get visits so I'm going to keep it short? :(

    Anyway, one man just kept on talking and talking about how beautiful the day was and experiences he had with "The Lord" while looking out the window, he would also tell wonderful stories about birds flying, children playing as they enjoyed the sunshine etc....etc... and the other guy was always in pain and complained to the orderlies to shut this man up and also quietly asked why he had that side of the room so close to the window instead of him and everyone just smiled saying nothing.

    The old man by the window eventually died and the other man asked if he could now have the window. He got his wish when another patient was brought in and got the side he had by the door. This man finally realized that the man had been blind and that there was really no window but only a brick wall instead.

    Longer story short! this guy now found pleasure in dramatizing what the old man use to tell him and believe "IT" or not, he even added more which made him feel even better. (lol)

    Go Figure! :)

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Victor,

      Great story. I hope you're keeping well.

      God bless.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.