Thursday 21 April 2016

Vic on stage


Years ago I was a member of a group of entertainers. I presented the variety acts on stage and did a bit of stand-up comedy and chat with the audience. The shows consisted of pop music and songs, a bit of classic music and opera, old tyme “Victorian” songs, a bit of dancing and comedy sketches mainly written by me.

We rehearsed for ages beforehand and did our shows in church halls, old peoples’ homes, Women’s Institute Meetings and so on; to raise money for charity and to entertain the old folks.

A particular sketch came to mind out of the blue the other day.

Imagine if you will, on stage a number of men dressed as nuns, led by a tone-deaf tenor with a strong pronounced accent, singing this beautiful song from the Sound of Music.
 

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Do you think it will be a success if I release this as a record, Lulu?

      God bless you.

      Delete
  2. Oh, my word! So hilarious! Thanks for making me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He sings, he writes ... is there anything you can't do, Victor??

    God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't dance. I'm really a bad dancer. I can't play the guitar either; or any musical instrument - except the radio.

      God bless.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.