Monday 14 November 2016

Love Thy Neighbour - Not Likely

The other night I was fast asleep and dreaming a pleasant dream which I shall not relate to you right now.

Then, in the middle of the night, at about 3:00 in the morning, I was awakened with a start by the phone ringing.

It was my neighbour.

He said: "Get your **** horse out of my garden. He is eating all my carrots!"

Well, I do not have a horse. But I was still half asleep and in my confusion I said: "Ehm ... sorry ..." more to mean "I don't understand" rather than apologising for my non-existent horse.

He replied: "That's OK" and put the phone down.

The next day I came to my senses, and to be honest, I was quite angry at being disturbed in the middle of the night. It was a nice dream, you know. And you can't always get back to your dream from where you left off.

So in true Christian fashion, the following night I got my own back.

I waited until 3:00 in the morning and I phoned my neighbour. When he answered I told him: "I do not have a horse!"

"That's OK," he said, "it was only a nightmare!" and he put the phone down again.

Now I bet Jesus did not have that scenario in mind when He said "Love Thy neighbour!"

6 comments:

  1. How many times in my life have I mulled over payback! It all started as a child and being frightened by my brothers and escalated from there. It never works!

    Looking forward to that new book you mentioned at Linda's Place!

    Blessings, Victor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing is, Lulu, in this case his nightmare turned into a non-existing horse for me. And he woke me up to tell me so. I lost out on a nice dream too!

      The new book I hope to publish is a sequel to "Reflections for the Soul"

      https://www.amazon.com/Reflections-soul-Victor-S-Moubarak/dp/1514851210/ref=sr_1_9/165-5496185-3097113?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1479126651&sr=1-9

      The title, most likely, will be "More Reflections for the Soul." I'll mention its publication when it is available.

      Thank you so much for your loyalty and continued support, Lulu. I very much appreciate it and it encourages me to keep writing.

      God bless you so much, my friend.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the laugh to end a busy, busy day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pleasure Sr Ann Marie. It's great to see you visiting me again. Thanx. See you again soon.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  3. Hi Victor! This did make me smile! It almost seems that your neighbor was expecting your call, he had such a ready answer to your protest.
    You live in a busy neighborhood my friend :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ceil,

      I'm so glad I mad e you smile. He sure did have a ready answer. Not only did he say it was a nightmare; but his voice was a little hoarse too.

      God bless you and your family.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.