Saturday 5 November 2016

Oh Lord.


OH LORD!

Oh Lord, you were with me
At the dawn of my life.
And today you are beside me
In good times and in strife.

When I’m lonely, when I’m troubled,
Afraid, or just depressed,
I pray to You, Oh Lord
And once more I’m at rest.

Stay with me my Lord
Throughout all of my days,
And should I ever fall
Help me up once again.

Teach me to love You
As You have loved us all,
And strengthen my failing faith,
When doubts obscure my soul.

I may not know my purpose,
Nor the plans You have for me,
Yet in trust I wish to follow
And offer my life to Thee.

 Copyright © 2016 Victor S E Moubarak

12 comments:

  1. What a wonderful prayer/poem, Victor! Great job, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well and you are a poet!
    I am impressed, Victor!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Donald. It is great to see you visiting me here. Please visit us again.

      God bless.

      Delete
  4. This is fantastic, Victor. Thank you for sharing it with us. God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How very kind of you, Michael. Thank you.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  5. Hi Victor! This is such a beautiful expression of your faith, and it reminds me so much of Thomas Merton's prayer of not knowing if he's on the right road... It's such a universal desire to do the will of God.
    This kind of brings tears to my eyes...bless you for inspiring love of Christ in my heart again today.
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ceil for your nice words. This poem was scribbled on an envelope some years back. I'd forgotten all about it until I found it some days ago whilst tidying up my papers.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  6. Victor #1

    My mother-in-law (God Bless her soul) use to have a saying "You're a poet and didn't know it" and on occasions she used in on me. lol

    Again I thank you for your continued prayers especially when we hear stuff like this below >

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhdX0NJI27c&feature=share

    I hear YA! Be careful what you listen to.

    WHO'S LAUGHING?

    God Bless All His Children

    ReplyDelete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.