Friday 15 March 2024

Sorry you're leaving us

 

Look folks, I feel that this post is likely to lose me some of my readers. I deeply regret if this happens, but what I have to say is too important not to be said.

We are living at a time when people seem to want all the good things in life as an entitlement owed to them by society, the world, the universe or whatever. 

They want instant gratification, permanent joy and happiness, and everything to be well in life as of right. You see it in the adverts, in soap operas and reality shows, and on social media. 

The message is that if you buy a certain product, or do a certain thing, then you will be happy for ever and the sun will always shine in your life. Constant subliminal messages aimed at vulnerable minds are influencing a new way of life, and a new way of death. Enjoy and be merry for tomorrow there's nothing.

This message is also pervading Christianity. There is the belief being preached by some that God loves us all, He created us all and therefore He will not allow any of us to go to hell. We are all welcome to Heaven and are destined to go there.

This is false teaching encouraged by the devil to lead us astray. He exists for sure and is cunningly, patiently, influencing people to peddle false lies to confuse naive minds who have not been taught anything about their divine origins as creations of God. 

Satan is not omnipresent. Unlike God, Satan is not everywhere, but he has his legions of demons all over the world doing his work for him.

The devil exists and tempted Christ. So we should not be much of a challenge to him. He waits for our weakest moment when we are tired, have gone through a difficult time, or we are in ill health and that's when he cunningly puts lies in our minds.

He speaks through people to spread his message. Using influential people, famous people, glamourous people and all those best placed to convey his false teachings in a sweet and gentle fashion to suit our lifestyles. 

There is a concerted effort and a push to push us away from God. Remember, the devil used Peter to tempt Jesus. When Christ foretold His passion and death, Peter, influenced by the devil, took Him aside and began to rebuke Him. “Far be it from You, Lord!” he said. “This shall never happen to You!” To which Jesus replied, "Get behind me, Satan!" Matthew 16:22-23.

Today, the devil is just as busy and in some cases he is working through so called Christians who teach that all is well and that a loving God will not see any of us perish. I repeat that this is false teaching. Life is not a game of Monopoly and we don't all have a "get out of hell card" as an insurance policy to enable us to live as selfishly as we wish.

No ... we are not all destined to go to Heaven. No one goes to Heaven against their will. We are free to go elsewhere and many are sleep-walking their way to that destination.

16 comments:

  1. ...and in the US we have snakeoil preachers peddling "Prosperity Theology!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a lot of false Christian teaching in the world today. Over here, some sermons are so rosy and wonderful and don't even mention reality.

      God bless, Tom.

      Delete
  2. I don't think that any of your readers will be "leaving us" anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope not, Kathy. Sometimes the message is not too palatable for some people.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  3. Leave you, Victor? Not a chance!
    And yes, I agree, the devil is working overtime these days. May God help us to resist his wiles.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The false messages and lies being proclaimed over here in the name of Christianity are awful. I might write more about it soon.

      God bless, Martha.

      Delete
  4. For a couple of years (some 30 years ago) I attended a Unity church where the pastor did just that: "A loving God will not see any of us perish."
    Before coming here to our little church in Alabama -- and 'meeting' you, I now know otherwise.
    Please, please. Don't stop sharing these sorts of warnings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mevely for your kindness to me.

      I am saddened that some preachers are not standing up for Christianity and the message that "A loving God will not see any of us perish," is all too prevalent over here.

      Please read my next post where I have more to say about this and putting forward some examples of what's happening over here.

      God bless.

      Delete
  5. Okay you did it again, I love it when I see some real wit used to make a point. Using a game and a "get out of hell card" certainly makes a needed point.
    Thanks my friend, imma be back only to keep you company.

    I am doing much better, and I am sure that Prayers have brought that around. Thanks for yours my friend. The Truth is ALWAYS needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like my humour, Jack. It's so nice to see you visiting here. Praying for you, Sherry and the family.

      God bless y'all.

      Delete
  6. I may not pop in to see you everyday but I will not be leaving you Victor.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jan. You're always welcome here.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  7. I would say that God doesn't want any of us to go to hell but he gives us a choice. I also believe that he will keep trying to save us until it's too late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Liz, you are right.

      It's so nice to see you visiting here again. Thank you. See you again soon.

      God bless.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.