Wednesday 30 June 2021

Calling all idiots

 

I have come to the conclusion that the world is full of idiots. I also believe that God loves idiots seeing He has created so many of them.

Let me explain. I'm sure, like me, you often see examples of prize idiots in your daily life. People who would do, say or think something that only an idiot would do, say or think.

Here are a few examples.

I was looking on-line for stainless steel oven trays, or roasting dish, as they are sometimes called. I searched various websites and providers and there was a plethora of choices. Almost every one, in the description of the item, warned: USE OVEN GLOVES WHEN REMOVING ITEM FROM OVEN AS IT WILL BE HOT

What idiot, I wonder, needs telling that? One description had a picture of two hands in oven gloves holding the dish; in case you used plastic washing gloves, or boxing gloves perhaps!

On another occasion, whilst looking for a dress, (NOT FOR ME), they had the warning: KEEP AWAY FROM OPEN FIRES 

A packet of peanuts I bought at the supermarket had the warning: MAY CONTAIN NUTS

I know that some people are allergic to various foods, and I feel very sorry for them, it must be a terrible condition to have. I am sure these people are intelligent enough to know the item they are allergic to. Do we have to insult their intelligence by warning them that a packet of peanuts contains nuts?

I also hate it when, on TV or radio, some idiot expert says something that you cannot contradict. By the time you write in, or text, it is too late. The item has been broadcast and your comment thrown in the delete bin.

The other day on TV someone said that the brain, (he didn't seem to have one), is not the only organ to retain memory. Apparently, someone had a heart transplant. The donor was a carpenter. The recipient of the heart, when healed, became a very adept carpenter even though he had never worked with wood before.

What nonsense. For a start, such a claim contradicts the fact that we have a soul and it is the soul that controls our behaviour. A lot of religions believe we have a soul, and the body is only the outer casing which disintegrates in time as the soul lives on. The brain, heart, liver etc ... are only various components of the body. 

That aside, such a statement by a so-called experts will only lead other people to believe it. Presumably, following this logic, if someone gets a liver transplant from someone who was an alcoholic then he too will become an alcoholic. The medical profession should be made aware of this. And should be grateful to me for bringing this fact to their attention.

Another example: A friend went to see the doctor. The doctor gave him some suppositories and said "put one in your back passage every evening before going to bed". Dutifully, the man put a suppository outside by the back door each evening. A few days later the doctor asked him how he was. He replied, "those suppositories were useless. I might as well have put them up my backside for all the good they did!"

I am sure you, my readers, can think of other examples of idiotic behaviour, warnings, comments on TV or social media, or whatever. In fact I wish you'd share them with us in the comments box below. We can prepare a catalogue of idiocy which we can then bury in a time capsule for future generations to dig up an learn about us.

I have a cardboard shoebox which I have labelled "Time Capsule" so all we need now is to fill it with bits of paper recording modern day idiocy.

25 comments:

  1. ...the problem with most idiots today is that they think that they are genius'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, Tom. In the UK we have a surplus of "celebrities" who come on TV and pronounce idiocy for their followers to emulate. They may be good at singing, dancing or whatever they do; but it does not make them an authority on other subjects they talk about.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. This has me laughing particularly vigorously! I'm trying to think of a recent example to share -- but all that comes to mind is the stuff out of Washington, D.C. -- and I'm trying to behave while on social media. (God knows the nasties.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It saddens me how many so-called experts we have on TV and radio these days, Mevely. They come up with all sorts of ignorant stupid theories and they are interviewed with reverence and respect. This then influences a lot of vulnerable people who believe their nonsense.

      God bless.

      Delete
  3. Dearest Victor,
    This is oh so true and it goes on and on throughout the day. Makes one laugh at times but indeed, the idiots must be the majority...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Idiots believe what they are telling people is the truth. They are so far out there, no one should believe them but there are lots that do. It's absolutely crazy and frustrating. Should put them all on the Ship of Fools and let them float away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's the tragedy, Bill. People have become so gullible that they will believe something which a celebrity, a singer, sportsman or whatever, has said. You see it happening all the time on TV talk shows and reality shows.

      God bless.

      Delete
  5. I love to read those warnings as well and have laughed over many of them. Only one is a relevant warning: "Peanuts may contain nuts" - it's true as the peanut is not a nut!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those warnings are so ridiculous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks my friend, we have had some smiles and a belly laugh or so. The suppositories did CRACK me up!
    The NUTS one is best..
    Thanks again,
    Sherry & jack
    PS: I was reading this early today when I was invited to remove roots from a septic tank... Yep I qualify as an idiot, I did it,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed this post Sherry and Jack. You're brave to work on a septic tank.

      God bless you both always.

      Delete
  8. I've always found those warnings to be insulting, Victor. Really, are we that stupid? I think we can blame all the idiocy on law suit hungry lawyers.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you have a good point, Martha. Lawyers have encouraged this ultra-safe behaviour. You buy a coffee or an apple pie and there's a warning saying it's hot.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  9. Sun visors that cover the car windshield to keep the car cool on hot sunny days have a warning "Remove before driving."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not notice that. I'll check my car ... yes ... you're right. And to think all this time I could have been driving with the visor on the car.

      God bless, JoeH.

      Delete
  10. Point #1, oven trays and roasting dishes are not the same, trays are mostly flat with sometimes just a very small side rise, dishes have proper sides, so the roasting juices don't spill all over the oven.
    Point #2, No one would ever get a liver transplant from an alcoholic as their livers are usually badly damaged by the alcohol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Point #1 We use these trays for making soup in the oven.

      Point #2 I was being kind by advising the medical profession of this risk.

      God bless, River.

      Delete
  11. How about the warning on the toilet brush that said, Not For Oral Use.

    You know that means someone, somewhere, tried to use a toilet brush as a toothbrush, ugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's is also a new one on me. Never seen this. The world is full of idiots it seems.

      God bless, Mimi.

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Great to see you, Manny. Thanx for calling.

      God bless.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.