Wednesday 17 May 2023

Medical Treatment

 

I needed medical treatment of the bedroom kind. This is very embarrassing and probably not a subject for this Blog. But I've always been honest with you folks and told you about myself and things happening in my life. So here goes ...

I fell out of bed. I was dreaming of playing football and kicked the ball very hard. My foot hit a bedside cupboard nearby, and I fell out of bed. Result: torn ligament.

I don't know what torn ligament means. The doctor tried to explain but I was not interested. All I knew is that it hurts badly. Worse than a paper cut on your finger.

He suggested I go to a physiotherapist. 

Now I don't know about you, but I hate going to all types of medics. I don't like being prodded and checked here and there and everywhere. Especially there!

I remember going to a dentist once and when he said "Open wide" he fell into my mouth. They had to bring a rescue team with ropes to fish him out again.

I don't understand much about medical matters. Did you know that 9 out of 10 doctors agree that 1 out of 10 doctors is an idiot? 

Whatever ailment you have the doctor will say it's a virus; which really means "I don't know!"

So I went to church to pray about this forthcoming physiotherapist visit. As luck would have it, there was another man also there a few pews away. He was praying in a loud enough voice for me to hear. He pleaded with God for some money to feed his family. I don't know if it was true or not; maybe he is in financial difficulties or maybe he was a gambler and lost all his money. Whatever, he was disturbing me. So I got up and gave him all the money I had; then I turned to God and said, "now may I have Your undivided attention?"

I prayed that I did not want to go to the physiotherapist. So God pushed him down the stairs!

(JOKE ... It's a joke, people. As if God would push the physiotherapist down the stairs. Trip him maybe ... but not push!)

Anyway, I reluctantly went to see the physiotherapist. You should have seen how much he charges. It would have been cheaper to buy the whole practice and have him work for me.

He suggested the best treatment for a torn ligament in my leg is for me to take up ballet dancing. 

I hate the ballet; especially men dressed in those very tight pants revealing all their bits. 

I told the physiotherapist that wearing those pants with a mixed group of people would be very embarrassing for me. 

He said, "yes, but it would take your mind off the torn ligament."

So there you have it. If you're feeling unwell be thankful that it could always be worse.

Let's hope I dream something more pleasant tonight.


18 comments:

  1. ...do your dreams come true?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ... the good ones ... unless I am suddenly awakened !!!

      God bless, Tom.

      Delete
  2. I hope you get the treatment you need at a fair price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no price I would pay dancing ballet on tiptoes and wearing tight pants !!!

      God bless, Kathy.

      Delete
  3. We enjoyed the visit to your house (during the day). We do appreciate your wit, but this one sure hit one out of the park..
    .............I don't understand much about medical matters. Did you know that 9 out of 10 doctors agree that 1 out of 10 doctors is an idiot?...........
    I just had to say that.
    From here!
    Sherry & jack (Thanks again for the prayers, I think they are working!! I feel some better! true dat!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you feel better, Jack. I'll continue to pray and let us trust the Lord together. Keep smiling my friends.

      God bless.

      Delete
  4. Momma used to remind me all the time, "Things could always be worse." Thanks as ever for the laughs -- in these times of mounting doctors' appointments they're sure welcomed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, things could always be worse; so let us thank God for caring for us at all times.

      God bless you and yours, Mevely.

      Delete
  5. Dream on, my friend. The answer is somewhere. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dreamt there was a horse in our kitchen; but it was only a nightmare.

      God bless, Bill.

      Delete
  6. May you have pleasant dreams tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Happyone. I hope it is in colour and in stereo sound-surround acoustics.

      God bless.

      Delete
  7. I hope you have better dreams, too, Victor! I did enjoy the humor here today, though.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That dream taught me a lesson; I wish I could remember what it is.

      God bless, Martha.

      Delete
  8. Very funny - I smiled all the way through it. My husband has restless leg syndrome - maybe ballet would do him some good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't understand why they have to stand on tip-toe in ballet dancing. Why don't they hire taller dancers.

      It's good to see you visiting here, Debby. Thank you. Please call again soon.

      Praying for you all. God bless.

      Delete
  9. I enjoy your sense of humor. Yes, it could always be worse, whatever it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We must always be grateful; things could be worse.

      God bless, Mimi.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.