Wednesday 13 December 2023

The horizontal zebra

 

Once upon a time there was a zebra which looked different from the rest of the herd. And people don't like different, do they? Zebras don't like different either.

This zebra had its stripes horizontally. Instead of having the stripes vertically around the body like all other zebras, this one had its stripes horizontally from the neck to the rear. The other zebras did not like that. They said he was not "one of us". Whatever that means. They wanted the zebra out of the herd.

They debated, they argued, and then they voted. And the zebra was thrown out of the herd to roam all alone, lonely, and defenceless.

It soon got attacked by hyenas and was killed. They did not care which way the stripes went.

ON A MORE CHEERFUL NOTE

There once were two people who wanted to be actors on the stage. They were not very successful. The best part they ever got was to dress up together as a team into a zebra costume. Never mind the stripes. That story did not end up well either.

OH WELL ... IT SEEMS I CAN'T CHEER YOU UP TODAY

HOW ABOUT THIS?


COME ON - JOIN IN
 
How about me singing Opera? 

Or something more inspirational?
OH DEAR ...
YOU'RE REALLY DIFFICULT TO PLEASE TODAY!


 


12 comments:

  1. ..zebras are of one of nature's treasures. Are they white and black or black and white?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colour depends on whether they are walking right to left or left to right as you're watching them.

      God bless, Tom.

      Delete
  2. Victor, I want to hear you singing a song, and see you as a zebra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can hear me in the videos singing two songs. I am in the zebra costume in the photo above. I was at the front. I had to quit acting whilst I was a head !!!

      God bless, Brenda.

      Delete
  3. The rif raf is now leaving the area. Many thanks, Victor! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad my singing is effective where you are, Bill.

      God bless.

      Delete
  4. Don't worry, Victor. You certainly gave me a laugh or two here.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased I made you laugh, Martha. We need laughter these days.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  5. Two of my favorite pieces of music! I'd no idea you could throw your voice like that, Victor.
    I'm trying unsuccessfully to rid my mind of that poor outcast zebra. Not unlike high schoolers, I suppose even the animal kingdom has its own 'mean girls.'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can throw my voice so far it does not return as an echo.

      It is so sad that we are all a little prejudiced about something or other, even though we do not admit it. The zebra was different from the herd. But aren't we really like that about peoples' accents, the way they dress, their views, politics, beliefs and so on?

      Personally, I am prejudiced against dressing like a zebra. It attracts lions.

      God bless, Mevely. Keep smiling.

      Delete
  6. Okay THANKS you started an argument. I said Victor is singing Walk on, SHErry said, That is Elvis. I said NO, it AIN'T it's Victor.

    When we get over there you will have to 'splain it.
    I'm just gonna pout...

    But we do appreciate the prayers..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The truth ... It was me singing and Elvis miming and pretending to be me.

      I hope you're feeling better, Jack. Still praying my friends. God bless you both.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.