Wednesday 12 September 2018

What's your Tattoo?

Once again, I return to the subject of tattoos.

The last time I mentioned a woman I know who went to the tattoo parlour, dropped her underwear, and had a tattoo in a foreign language printed on her backside. She did not know what it meant. Turns out it said, "Washing Machine Instructions."

Obviously the tattooist saw the words on some booklet or other and copied them adding beautiful roses and hearts all around.

The reason I mention tattoos again is because I saw an unusual one in the supermarket today. It's been hot in the UK recently. So hot that women are wearing very low cut tops and very short skirts, or shorts. But I'm not complaining.

This woman in the supermarket had a large tattoo on her back of the globe. A big multi-coloured circle showing the whole world with all the countries and oceans and seas. I did not run fast enough to find out what she had tattooed on her front. Probably the sun and moon on each breast!

It was a beautiful painting of the globe, I must say. But what I don't understand is; why have such an elaborate work of art on one's back? She can't see it. And if she looks in the mirror it would be back to front and all the countries in the wrong place. So it will not help her in the geography exams.

Years ago tattoos were only fashionable with sailors, or military people. Now everyone seems to have them. And in all sorts of places too. Not just the arms, but on one's legs, back, chest and even private places.

Have you got a tattoo? What is it of? And where is it?

I've been thinking of having a tattoo but do not know what to choose as a drawing. An anchor? A flower? Some nice words? Or a name of a loved one, like "Pepperoni Pizza"?

What do you suggest?

I don't want it to be easily visible to all and sundry. I want it to be discreet and almost unnoticeable.

Perhaps I should have a tattoo on my bottom. It would be a life-size tattoo of a bottom on my bottom. That would then not be noticeable.

What do you think?

What are your views and suggestions about tattoos? And whether you have any?

20 comments:

  1. I would never get a tattoo, too conservative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm probably in the minority, but I detest tattoos … both on men and women. As my daughter-in-law says, "Why would you put a bumper sticker on a Bentley?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point Mevely. I can't understand why people have tattoos. Especially big elaborate ones.

      God bless.

      Delete
  3. Not a fan of tattoos at least not for me. My son has quite a few of them. One on his arm of a lighthouse which he says is for me because I am his beacon. The other arm has an anchor for Ken who was in the Navy and that he is his anchor. He has many more.
    I wonder what people will think of their tattoos when they get old and wrinkly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never quite understood tattoos, Happyone.

      God bless.

      Delete
  4. I don't understand people who get their head or face tattooed. How do you get a job and have people take your seriously. Crazy, I'd say. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Bill. A tattoo on the arm can easily be covered; but not on the head or face.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  5. I'm not a fan of tattoo's, but they do seem to be getting more and more popular.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just had a thought, Jan. It happens to me sometimes. Do people with tattoos weigh more than they should because of the weight of the ink they have to carry? So in effect, tattoos make you weigh more.

      What do you think?

      God bless.

      Delete
  6. Can't add anything here, Victor. I don't like tattoos either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No tattoos here. Never wanted one. None on hubby either.
    Our 33 year old grandson has tattoos and also is a tattoo artist...and a very good one I might add plus his regular job.
    Our 45 year old son also has tattoos.

    Have your back tattooed on your front...your front tattooed on your back.Then put your bathing suit on and head down to the beach. People will wonder how you were able to get your head and feet in those positions :)

    Blessings 🍁💮🍂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a brilliant idea about back to front tattoos, Jan. Reminds me of a story.

      A motorcyclist wearing a full helmet with dark visor feels the cold when riding his bike very fast. So he takes off his leather jacket and wears it back to front so that the cold air at speed does not get into his chest through the jacket.

      He rides fast down the road and has an accident. He falls off the bike unconscious. Passers-by help him. The ambulance arrive and ask if he's OK. The passers-by say, "He was OK until we turned his head the right way round!"

      God bless.

      Delete
  8. LOL!
    I can picture it all :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I was in my late thirties, I really thought seriously about getting a tattoo. Thank goodness I didn't! My son got one with his then girlfriend's name and his intertwined. Definitely something he now regrets. But Victor, if you do get a tattoo, make sure it's on a part of the body that won't sag so much with age - lol!
    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talking of parts of the body that don't sag (which ones?) reminds me of my friend.

      When he went on a strict diet to lose weight he ended up with a lot of loose skin hanging about his body in the chest and lower area.

      So he went for a new treatment where they "pull up" the loose skin up his body a bit at a time, and they stretch the skin upwards so much that any extra skin is then somehow tied up and hidden behind the back of his neck.

      It worked so well that now he looks twenty years younger. Unfortunately, his bellybutton (navel) is on his forehead. He also has a new unusual tie too.

      Keep smiling. God bless you, Martha.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.