Monday 14 January 2019

Super Heroes

We all love a Super Hero. We see them on TV and in the cinema and we all have our favourite. Superman, Batman, Spiderman and many others. Each with their particular skills and super powers. Each willing and able to fight evil whenever it occurs and come to our aid whenever we need it.
Wouldn't it be lovely to have a Super Hero ready and able to help us in every situation. Like Super Janitor to clean our homes, offices and factories? Or Recycle Man to collect all our re-cyclables and make good use of them? Or Laundry Man to wash our socks and un-mentionables?

Would it not be even better if WE had super powers which we could use for the benefit of others?

Just imagine ... ... ...

You're sitting there quietly at home with your family. You receive a message that someone needs help and ... whoosh ... you sweep to your feet and rush to help those in need wherever they are!

If that were possible. What would your Super Powers be?

Personally, I would like to be Tomato Ketchup Man.

Whenever I am needed I would be there pouring tomato ketchup on beefburgers, French fries, sausages, hot dogs, and any other meals that would be improved with tomato ketchup.

Chocolate ice cream and tomato ketchup. Apple pie and tomato ketchup. Peanut and jelly sandwich with tomato ketchup.

I'd be there, throughout the world, improving it with tomato ketchup.

Whenever world leaders are gathered together and about to sign an international treaty or agreement; I'd be there pouring tomato ketchup on their documents to ratify them.

Wherever tourists gather in front of a national landmark taking a selfie; I'd fly in and pour tomato ketchup on them as the camera shutter clicks.

Whenever a newly married couple are about to cut their wedding cake; I'd sweep in and squirt tomato ketchup on them and their guests.

If any one parks their car in a no-parking zone, or crosses the road when the traffic sign says WAIT, or returns their library books late; I'd squirt tomato ketchup all over them.

Oh what great fun the world would be with Tomato Ketchup Man!!!!!

So tell me ... what Super Powers would you like to have?

And why?

20 comments:

  1. LOL... I think my super power would have to be one that could stop Tomato Ketchup Man from disrupting everyone's lives by squirting them with ketchup!! You are just too funny, Victor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not fair, Terri. Tomato Ketchup Man would be spreading happiness throughout the world.

      God bless you, my friend.

      Delete
  2. There are many un-sung Super Heroes within our Community, who quietly go by helping people every day … these people deserve a special thanks.. although never seem to expect it!
    I'm no super hero but I do my best to be helpful.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you are right. Thank you Jan for reminding us of the many unsung heroes; including you I'm sure.

      God bless.

      Delete
  3. We used all the rest of our ketchup tonight on our chips. :(
    What do we do Mr. Tomato Ketchup man, we can't eat any chipe without that special bottle of K. :)

    All kinds of super heroes over here picking up after people who liter, helping people that could use an extra hand and they don't think twice about it. They care for their community; they are proud of what they do and so is the community. Super heroes indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Bill. Tomato Ketchup Man was held up in heavy traffic today.

      Indeed we have many heroes locally helping others.

      God bless you, Bill.

      Delete
  4. Oh my word, the visuals! I can't even imagine anything to rival Mr. Tomato Ketchup man, but appreciate the opportunity to laugh. No, chortle!

    PS - Have you seen Anne Lamott's definition of laughter: "Carbonated holiness." I love that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad that Tomato Ketchup Man made you smile, Mevely. Life would be so much better with ketchup everywhere.

      I love "carbonated holiness".

      God bless you, Mevely.

      Delete
  5. I want the power to cause any driver who cuts me off or tailgates me to suffer an engine to cease on my command.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to agree with that JoeH. Driving standards in the UK are getting worse.

      God bless.

      Delete
  6. Yes, Victor, you made me laugh just envisioning you as Mr. Tomato Ketchup Man! My granddaughter, Virginia, loves ketchup so much, she's have you over any time. :) Hmm . . . Super power? Don't think so. I have Jesus as my super hero!
    Blessings, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tomato Ketchup goes well with so many things; doesn't it. I have it with fish and chips, steak, pies etc ...

      It can also be used to ratify treaties and contracts; as well as identify baddies who don't return their library books on time.

      God bless.

      Delete
  7. I want to fly! Dreamed as a little girl of flying--many times launching off from my swing. It worked well--until I tried it!

    I agree with some of the others--I see evidence of Super Heroes everyday. They have my thanks and admiration!

    Blessings, Victor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Lulu. Flying would be a wonderful thing to be able to do. But only if you, (or I), were the only ones able to do it. If everyone flew we'd just bump into each other; and it would not be a super power at all.

      God bless.

      Delete
  8. I don't think I'd want any super powers. I wouldn't want to be tempted to use them in ways I shouldn't! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really Happyone? Would you not want to be Tomato Ketchup Woman? Or Mayonnaise Woman? It would be fun, I tell you!

      God bless.

      Delete
  9. Every super hero needs a sidekick. I will nominate myself, as Mustard Woman, to help you out. We would make a great team.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed, Kathy. I'd like that. We would spray the world in red and yellow.

      God bless you always.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.