Saturday 27 August 2022

Help me ... I'm irresponsible

 

Yes ... help me ... I am irresponsible ...

How many people would own up to that? We seem to be living in a society that blames everyone else for our failings and do not accept responsibility for our actions.

The other day on TV an overweight person was blaming her parents for feeding her well when she was a child and that's why she developed a habit of overeating.

Do you remember in old black and white films when a guy has had too much to drink the barman would say, "look pal, I think you've had one too many"? I wonder if this really happens in real life. Has a barman ever told a client to stop drinking? Has he the moral (or legal) duty to do so? Any ideas?

How about extending this to other trades? If an overweight person goes to a fast food restaurant for a hamburger and French fries, or for a pizza; should the shop assistant say, "look fathead, I think you've had too many fattening foods. Go on a diet!"

Or if someone goes to a shop to try on a dress or a pair of trousers, should the assistant say, "you're well and truly oversized, have you tried the tent maker next door?"

Or, "clearly you have elephant sized feet, why do you want to wear a Size 3 pair of shoes just because you like the colour?"

"No Sir, this tie makes you look like an idiot and does not match the shirt you intend to buy! You have the sartorial elegance of an ostrich in a tornado."

"Why at your age do you want to buy such a fast sports car? It will not attract the ladies because you're ugly anyway and the only thing you'll attract at this speed is an appointment with a hospital or undertaker."

I'm sure you can all think of other examples where people need some advice or assistance because they cannot possibly decide for themselves.

Over to you for suggestions ... ... ...

12 comments:

  1. I went out with this girl once..she was fat..weighed 18st....
    No matter were you were in the room..you were sat next
    to her..! :).

    I'm afraid l have to put my hand up..^..and admit to ALL
    of the above sayings...l love4 being rude to people, l'm
    known for it..But! But! In the nicest possible way..it's
    the way l tell'em...as they say...
    I said to a lady in Costa earlier..you should be wearing
    a mask..she said why? You don't have to any more....
    You should do though...Cos yer ugly...! HeHe! :O).
    (My case comes up next week)....

    And..you had to mention the 'undertaker' Victor...He's
    the last person to let you down..no holes barred..! :0)
    I asked an undertaker once..how many bodies are
    buried in the cemetery...he said 'ALL' of them..
    He also told me that he buried the wrong person once..
    That was a 'grave' mistake...! :).
    ⚰️ ⚰️ ⚰️ ⚰️ ⚰️ ⚰️ ⚰️ ⚰️ ⚰️ ⚰️ ⚰️ ⚰️ ⚰️ ⚰️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sad thing is, Willie; many people these days do not accept personal responsibility. They blame someone else for their situations.

      God bless always.

      Delete
    2. Ah! Yes! If l say summat incorrect or do summat
      that's incorrect..(highly unlikely)...l will 'ALWAYS'
      put my hand up and apologise...
      "Sorry. my mistake'..
      The devil will have his work cut out to obtain my
      soul...Always tell the truth..and tell it like it is!

      Delete
  2. Dearest Victor,
    Irresponsibility is so prevalent these days...
    The entire moral decay is what is happening in this nation and the world. So many have left God/religion and for that purpose also get lost on the road by taking up somebody else's lane!
    Courtesy and politeness is often lost... Listen to certain language that is being 'sung' these days or used on social media. Way below mediocre and a shame for daring to show this off!
    Each time I get in the car I tell Pieter, IF we only would know what all is around us in vehicles that abuse some kind of substance, we would never want to leave the house...
    But let us pray for being ALERT and responsive to all sorts of surprises that literally come our on our way.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People do not accept responsibility because they no longer believe in anything. They just live for a materialistic today with no hope for tomorrow.

      God bless, Mariette.

      Delete
  3. Are you a mind reader, Victor? I was just about to put something on my blog about this very thing -- but tabled it for a few days to consider my 'tone.' Irresponsibility's becoming an epidemic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry about the tone Mevely. Plenty of fatheads out there who would not understand you anyway. Stupidity is compulsory these days, it seems.

      God bless always.

      Delete
  4. I wish folks I know would look in a mirror and be honest about their weight. BUT most of all I wish folks I know would learn to live on what they earn, or the income they receive. I know too many folks who live off credit, sorta like our country. This government seems to tell folks, just borrow if you need more, not cut back.

    Anyway very timely subject my friend. Thanks again for your prayers... God is good...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are examples of people being irresponsible, Jack. Borrowing beyond the ability to repay. Some interest on borrowing over here is about 90%. People don't realise how much it costs to go into debt.

      God bless always you and yours.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.