Wednesday 29 April 2020

To dream ... the impossible cream ...


Please do not mock me, or laugh at me. But I've been having some weird dreams lately. I don't know why.

I've been having this recurring dream that I am chased by a big cheese. More often than not it is one of those round cheeses that you cut into wedges. Sometimes it is a French Roquefort, or and Italian Gorgonzola, a Dutch Edam cheese with the red wax around it or even at times a good old English Stilton.

Usually it is the same dream. I am in bed asleep. I hear a big rumble outside, a big roll of cheese comes up the stairs.

I run out of the house wrapped in the bed sheet like a Roman toga.

The sheet is like a Roman toga, not me. Please pay attention.

The type of cheese chasing me is different. I can't explain how I know. It's not as if the cheese is talking in French "Zut alors! Dépêchez-vous!" Or in any other language for that matter. The cheese is always silent but I hear it rumbling as it rolls behind me.

The cheese rolls after me the faster I run. It never seems to catch up with me and then I find I am on a beach somewhere and there's this young lady in a bikini sunbathing. She distracts me for a while.

I stop, oblivious that the cheese is catching up on me.

I am oblivious, not the girl! The girl is Olivia. Are you paying attention or what?

Anyway, I start running again and I am in a castle somewhere. I slam the door shut and I press hard on a button on the wall. Suddenly, a panel in the wall opens and I enter it and I am in an open-air restaurant. Al Fresco ... that's the name of the owner; not the fact that the restaurant is open-air.

So I sit at a table on the side walk like they do in some restaurants in Europe.
The waiter brings me some soup. French onion soup as I recall. As I start eating it starts to rain. It takes me ages to finish the soup. It's a race between me eating the soup and the rain re-filling my plate.

I ask for some cheese and biscuits. They say, "No cheese ... No cheese ... Just soup!"

They bring more soup. More rain. More soup. More rain.

I need to go to the bathroom. I wake up!

22 comments:

  1. It looks like you were ordered to come to a restaurant and order cheese ... then maybe you will find someone special in your life.
    Maybe :)

    Regards from Indonesia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Instead of cutting a piece of cheese, the cheese wants a piece of you thus the cheese chase. Too much liquid in your dream, no wonder you had to go to the bathroom. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall have to cut down on cheese and Guinness before bedtime, Bill. Cheese, cracker biscuits and Guinness - excellent.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  3. Oh, what a night! Now you have me craving a Gorgonzola salad. Thanks to my late father, I don't think there's any cheese I don't like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ... Mevely, isn't Gorgonzola just superb. Have you tried the English equivalent - Blue Stilton? Over here posh people have it with a glass of port; especially at Christmas. We also have Danish Blue. Slightly less expensive. I so love cheese.

      Happiness to me is getting home and finding a piece of cheese in the mousetrap.

      God bless you, Mevely.

      Delete
    2. No, I've not tried Blue Stilton ... but will look for it if I happen to be somewhere with a large selection. Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
    3. Careful, Mevely. It can be a bit strong. Not as smooth as Gorgonzola. Enjoy.

      God bless.

      Delete
  4. You sure travel in your dreams Victor...I can tell by the cheese's that are chasing you.
    You need to stop eating and drinking before bedtime and then maybe you will finally get a good night's sleep and so will your wife.
    You do have great thoughts and I am so happy that you share them with us.

    God Bless 💮
    Stay Safe 🌷

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love cheese, Jan. But I agree with you, I should cut down a bit. Jesus liked cheese. He said so when He said, "Blessed are the cheese makers!"

      God bless.

      Delete
  5. I don't remember any dreams involving cheese, but my wife does tell me some mornings that I cut the cheese in my sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thing you don't have a sound activated bedside lamp, JoeH.

      God bless.

      Delete
  6. As long as you don't "cut the cheese," Victor, I think you'll be fine! Lol!
    Have a blessed day, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope ... I leave cutting the cheese to JoeH - see above.

      God bless, Martha.

      Delete
  7. HaHa Martha and I have the same sense of humor. I was thinking "cut the cheese".
    You are quite the expert on cheeses. I do know that one of my favorites is brie. Especially on a piece of toast with fig jam. Because of your gift to make us smile, I'm drawn every day back to see what you will come up with. That's a gift...Victor the Magnet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definetely don't cut the cheese in my sleep, Wanda. JoeH (above) has admitted to it.

      Brie is nice. We have the original French version here, and an English version. But I cannot find fig jam.

      I'm glad you like my humour, Wanda. I try my best to think up new stories everyday.

      God bless, my friend.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I think I was awake at the time.

      God bless, Happyone.

      Delete
  9. This dream must "whey" heavy on your mind!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard it said that you shouldn't eat cheese before you go to bed because it can cause bad/weird dreams!

    Hope you sleep well tonight …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think this is true, Jan. I believe it is because cheese does not digest quickly. Either that, or the bad dreams are because cheese costs so much. Why does it cost so much per kilo? Sometimes more than beef and other meats.

      God bless.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.