Wednesday 23 August 2023

Diary entries to remind me

 

It's been a hectic week so far. Why does the phone ring when I'm up a ladder pruning a tree? By the time I get down the ladder, rush indoors, get to the phone, the answering machine has taken over. I listen to the message and it is one of those advertising salesmen wondering if I would be interested in buying a portable answering machine I can take with me anywhere? 

Whilst indoors, I switched on the TV to listen to the News.

BREAKING NEWS

Little Red Riding Hood found in a critical condition. Paramedics have stabilised her condition, but she's not out of the woods yet.

The phone rang again. Mom-in-law is coming to visit. I tolerate her. She's like a fine wine. Gets more expensive with age.

It's our wedding anniversary soon. We've been happily married for two years ... 1999 and 2009.

When we got married, she insisted on decluttering the house. I put an advert on eBay: "FOR SALE BY OWNER. Complete set of Encyclopaedia Britannica. Forty-five volumes. Excellent condition, £200 or best offer. No longer needed, got married, wife knows everything."

We're preparing a large cake with icing for our anniversary. Years ago  I used to get heartburn when I ate birthday cake until a doctor advised me to take the candles off first.

We went to a restaurant as a pre-celebration celebration. We had pelican soup. Tasted OK but you should have seen the size of the bill.

We didn't feel like cooking today. I rang a restaurant and asked, "Do you do take-aways?"

They said, "Yes!"

So I asked, "What is 23452 take away 345?"

I have a picture with a saying, "A day without laughter is a day wasted!" So for a laugh I put on YouTube a video of me sneezing. Now the whole street is doing the same. It went viral.

Anyway, enough for now. I have to go up the ladder again. The cell-phone I left up the tree is ringing.

Now, why would anyone leave a cell-phone up a tree?

18 comments:

  1. ...friends of ours have been happily married for 50 year. Since he is a truck driver, she says they have been together for just a fraction of the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can understand. Absence makes the heart go fonder I suppose. Or absence makes for less arguments.

      God bless, Tom.

      Delete
  2. You're on a roll ... and I'm loving it! ("More expensive with age" Yep!) Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Mevely. It is good to laugh.

      God bless you, my friend.

      Delete
  3. Your headlines are priceless, Victor, just like you!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to see you visiting again, Martha. Thank you. Keep smiling.

      God bless you and yours.

      Delete
  4. I hope Little Red Riding Hood makes it out of the woods and has a full recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me too, Bill. Keep smiling.

      God bless always.

      Delete
  5. thecontemplativecat here. I love reading this 'newspaper'. Memes, puns and jokes are well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks again for the chuckles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had me going, ANSWERING MACHINE? Glad to hear you have a cell phone....

    Anyway, nice visit, we are still able to function, trying to follow good advice, but it is tough...
    Love you dude. take care and stay off ladders, folks get hurt on those things.
    Sherry & jack,, Thanks for the prayers, imma thinking they are working.. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed; prayers do work. God is listening to us, He knows our needs, our fears and worries, and He responds to our situation in a personal positive way.

      I find cell-phones confusing to work. I often press the wrong button and take a photo of my ear.

      A bit more pruning of trees today, if the weather is good. Praying for you all.

      God bless, Jack and Sherry.

      Delete
  8. Many thanks for the laughs :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. It is good to share laughter.

      God bless, Jan.

      Delete
  9. I wonder why my Sweetie leaves his phone in lots of different places. Maybe he's trying to lose it so no one can call him.

    Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My phone always rings at a time I don't want it to.

      God bless, Mimi.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.