Tuesday 2 July 2024

Peril in the water!

 

I saw this program on TV where they rescued about a dozen or so penguins, some of them babies, which had been caught in an oil slick. Probably oil poured in the sea by a passing tanker.

The poor creatures were covered with oil and would soon perish if not cleaned properly. It was a long and pains-taking job removing the sticky oil from their feathers and ensuring they do not digest it or it goes in their eyes. A team of helpers and vets got together and worked urgently round the clock to clean the birds before it was too late.

They then dried them carefully and put them in isolated cages where they fed them and monitored their progress 24/7. It took at least three or four weeks until they were sure the birds had recovered and there was no ill-effect as a result of their ordeal.

It was time to return them to their natural habitat. One evening, just before sunset at about five o'clock, they put them in a boat which set out to sea where they would be released. 

The boat stopped, and one by one the dozen penguins were lowered into the water. At first they floated together not daring to wander away. 

When the boat slowly moved off a shoal of sharks appeared and ate every last penguin!

MARK THIS STORY ON YOUR HUMOUR COUNTER
1 TO 5
1 = NOT FUNNY
5 = HILARIOUS

17 comments:

  1. ...it's a minus 1, it's sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear ... my sense of humour I suppose!

      God bless, Tom.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Tom -1, so sad, Victor you are a naughty boy, have an amazing day.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a joke Catherine ... not real. Just a joke.

      God bless.

      Delete
  3. Since I couldn't see that punch line coming, I'm giving it a 5! I thought you were all so serious at the beginning, but I should have known better - lol!
    Blessings, Victor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you, Martha. I liked the punch line too. I was typing so fast because I could not wait to get to the punch line. I often enjoy my own stories.

      God bless you always.

      Delete
  4. Yes, a minus 1, a very sad story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd call it a 3, you win some, you lose some, and I know you didn't mean for it to be taken seriously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At last, someone with my sense of humour!

      God bless you Mimi my friend.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. It's not such a bad joke, is it?

      God bless, Barbara.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. I hope He'd forgive my sense of humour.

      God bless, Mevely.

      Delete
  9. I forgive you for almost breaking my heart. ❤️
    ----Cheerful Monk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for forgiving me, Cheerful Monk. My sense of humour is sometimes over the top; but it helps me relax.

      God bless, my friend.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.