Tuesday 14 May 2019

It's not fair


It’s not fair. Just because I hate my greens I cannot leave the table until I’ve eaten all my vegetables.

It’s not fair. Just because some children did something bad at school the whole class had to stay late and miss a break.

It’s not fair. I can’t watch TV until I’ve finished my homework.

It’s not fair. I have to be back at home by 11 o’clock.

It’s not fair. Just because other youngsters drink and drive, dad will not let me borrow the car in case I have an accident.

It’s not fair. Just because some people went on strike, the company is in financial difficulties and many of us will lose our jobs.

It’s not fair. They’ve arrested a man in the park. They’ve brought Him to court under false charges. They brought forward lying witnesses who made unsubstantiated claims against Him. They then beat Him up, spat on Him, placed thorns on His head, tortured Him, nailed Him to a Cross and killed Him.

It’s just not fair.

10 comments:

  1. Father always knows best, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Children need to be taught that life is not always fair, we all need to be aware of the genuine evil that exists and the sacrifice made to ultimately defeat that evil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the problem, JoeH, everyone expects "fair" these days.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  3. Powerful.
    This reminds me of that old country song lyric: "I beg your pardon, I never promised you a rose garden."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn Anderson - 1971. Once a radio DJ, some songs stick to one's mind.

      God bless you, Mevely.

      Delete
  4. Of course life isn't fair. We just have to accept it, move on and do our best.
    Enjoy your evening, Victor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, Bill. Life is not fair.

      Good evening to you and yours. God bless.

      Delete
  5. Wow! Thanks for putting everything into perspective. Jesus' "not fair" really makes mine seem petty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it helps us put things into perspective.

      God bless you, Kathy.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.