Friday 10 May 2019

Manly Advice


This post is for MEN ONLY.

Let it be a warning to all MEN before they utter those two simple words "I do ..."

Those two words can sometimes lead to a lot of unhappiness and regrets - believe me.

I'll never forget that day when I uttered the words "I do". They were the beginning of a long period of sadness, anguish and remorse in my life, which seemed to last an eternity.

Those two innocuous words uttered unthinkingly so often with a heart full of hope, happiness, trust and joy, can lead many a desolate soul to a sorry state of affairs from which there seems to be no come-back.

I really loved that woman. In fact, I still do and will do for ever. Yet ... I regret, as I have done many times since, having uttered those two words "I do".

I always believed that true love is based on mutual respect, genuine caring and good communication; but most of all honesty between two people committed to each other for life.

But I learnt, to my anguish and deep shame that this is not so. Certainly not honesty! Honesty can lead you down a path you never meant to take, from which there is no U-turn or coming back to where you started.

There are many times in married life when it is better to lie.

Yes ... I remember it as if it was yesterday, that day I said "I do".

She stood there looking radiant and full of pride and asked me "Do you think this dress makes my backside look big?"
 I REPLIED: "I DO ..."

21 comments:

  1. Nooo! The answer is it makes your backside look just big enough.

    Actually I think there is no correct answer, clearly it is a trick question.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the thing with women ... it is always a trick question.

      God bless you, JoeH.

      Delete
  2. That is one question that should never be asked or answered!! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But what do you do when it is asked?

      God bless, Happyone.

      Delete
    2. Lie? Moi? What about telling the truth all the time?

      God bless, Happyone.

      Delete
  3. LOL, my hearing is pretty bad, I didn't hear your question. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But ... that's only buying time ... she'll ask the question again.

      God bless you, Bill.

      Delete
  4. LOL, Victor! And that's the one question a woman should NEVER ask if she wants an honest answer.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In fact ... there are a lot of questions women should not ask ... like, "Does it taste nice? I cooked it myself!"

      God bless you, Martha.

      Delete
  5. LOL... didn't see that coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terri just took the words out of my mouth! Ah, love makes the world go round.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed love does make the world go round ... and makes liars out of men.

      God bless you, Mevely.

      Delete
  7. LOL... I didn't see that coming either!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see it coming either ... until she asked me. In future I'll have to lie.

      God bless you, Jan.

      Delete
  8. You had me going! 😅

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest Victor,
    Haha, that is a good one!
    😜
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.