Wednesday 24 April 2024

Laughter is in the mind

 


A celebrity is someone who works hard all his life to become known and then wears dark glasses to avoid being recognized.

At every party, there are two kinds of people: those who want to go home and those who don’t. The trouble is, they are usually married to each other.

I never wanted to believe that my Dad was stealing from his job as a road worker. But when I got home, all the signs were there.

Evening news is where they begin with ‘Good evening’, and then proceed to tell you why it isn’t.

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It’s hardly ever for them.

After finishing our Chinese food, my husband and I cracked open our fortune cookies. Mine read, “Be quiet for a little while.” His read, “Talk while you have a chance.”

My wife told me that I twist everything she says to my advantage. I take that as a compliment.

The key to eating healthy is not eating any food that has a TV commercial.

I ate a gluten-free, lactose-free, low-carb pizza for dinner tonight. It was a raw tomato.

I can’t believe I forgot to go to the gym today. That’s 7 years in a row now.

What do you get when you cross a dyslexic, an insomniac, and an agnostic? Someone who lays awake at night wondering if there is a dog.

I once shot a lion in my pyjamas. What he was doing in my pyjamas I’ll never know.

I’m going to stand outside. So, if anyone asks, I am outstanding.

I used to run a dating service for chickens, but I was struggling to make hens meet.

What do you call it when a snowman throws a tantrum? A meltdown.

Two peanuts were walking down the street. One was a-salted.

What's black and white and goes round and round? A penguin in the washing machine.

I found a book called How to Solve 50% of Your Problems. So I bought 2.


21 comments:

  1. ...Victor, this sums life up well. Keep laughing, it's good for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laughter releases dolphins within us; and they tickle our insides and we feel good.

      God bless, Tom.

      Delete
  2. These are great! It's not often we attend social functions, but you nailed Tom (yakking) and me (looking at her watch.
    The healthy eating and low-carb ones made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to hate social functions at work in London. They ended late and it was difficult to get a train home. And everyone talked about work. What is the point in that? People from work talking about work. I wanted to talk about deep sea diving wearing a banana suit. Or, do whales break wind to propel themselves forward?

      God bless you, Mevely my friend.

      Delete
  3. Very good! Loved them all! Thanks for the laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of groaners there. Thanks for the humor. I nodded in agreement for most of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thecontemplativecat here. The comment above is mine. the farting whale would be amazing. Do they get gas after eating a ton of krill?

      Delete
    2. Thanx Susan. The thing is, I just hated to be at a party where everyone was talking business. So yes, my imagination wandered to whales.

      God bless always.

      Delete
  5. "I found a book called How to Solve 50% of Your Problems. So I bought 2."

    Wise! 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep smiling, Sandi, and solve all your problems.

      God bless.

      Delete
  6. Thanks my friend for the smiles and out and out laughs. We re4wally do appreciate your wit, but this was my favorite:
    Evening news is where they begin with ‘Good evening’, and then proceed to tell you why it isn’t......
    I really did enjoy them all.
    Love from this side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laughter and smiles are often good to help us in life, Jack. Best wishes to you and Sherry. God bless.

      Delete
  7. Another great promotion for Dad jokes! Blessings, Victor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked them, Martha. God bless always.

      Delete
  8. If you buy a field go stand in it, you'll be outstanding in your field.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the laughs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice to see you here, Rose. Thank you. Call again soon and often and invite your friends.

      God bless.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.