Tuesday 3 October 2017

ODE TO JOY



Fried fish wrapped in bacon

Served cold with boiled rice

Raspberry sauce and chocolate

Make up gourmets’ delight



A constipated owl

Hooting whilst he roams

Bearing the pain bravely

Of irritable owl syndrome



Then I composed a song

But forgot all the words

I focussed on the music

And then lost all the chords



I close my eyes and think of you

Spaghetti served with cheese

Caressing all my senses

Like a sweet summer’s breeze



The poor owl is still hooting

In the recesses of my mind

Just hand me some more bacon

But cut away the rind



Forsooth sayth the soothsayer

As he shaves another layer

Of crab cake with maple syrup

To the owl wrapped in gauze



If all that doesn’t clear you

Then nothing for ever will

He sayth to the happy owl

Who’s now no longer ill.



Moral: Don’t have cheese and port before bedtime.

4 comments:

  1. I sure hope that YAR constipated owl soon learns that an ounces of prevention is worth a pound of cure so says this old wiper snapper...

    WHO'S LAUGHING?

    God Bless you and yours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey ... it's great to see you visiting again. How are you? Hope you and the family are well.

      God bless you all.

      Delete
  2. THIS bears passing on, My Friend. Constipated Owl---HA!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pass it on by all means, Lulu. This poem came to me out of the blue one evening. The words just formed into my mind and I quickly wrote them down. Sometimes my head is just full of words words words.

      God bless.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.