Thursday 9 July 2020

A Sandwich Short of A Picnic


Have you ever dreamt you are a sandwich?

If so, what sandwich were you?

If it was a dainty triangular cheese and cucumber sandwich with water cress, with the crust cut off, then you are probably from the English aristocracy and well-to-do; or aspire to such a position. You probably drink tea with your little finger sticking out whilst holding the cup.

According to an article I read, you can tell what sort of person you are by the kind of sandwich you dream.

If you dream you're a cheese and pickle sandwich you're probably not so aristocratic in Britain, and maybe you drink your tea from a mug.

If you dream you're a peanut butter and jelly (jam) sandwich then you are probably American and proud of it.

If you're a burger sandwich/bun with lettuce and cheese and other relish, you're probably too busy in life and eat on-the-go.

If you're a ham, sausage, chorizo, salami, mortadella, luncheon meat or other such type of sandwich then you are a strong no-nonsense carnivore.

If you are a boiled egg with mayonnaise sandwich, (possibly with cress or salad), then you aspire to greatness but can at times be self-opinionated.

If you are a chocolate spread sandwich then you are good natured and kind with an optimistic outlook on life.

If you're a bacon sandwich, with ketchup or brown sauce, you are probably British. Bacon, cheese and egg is the American version. Also bacon, lettuce and tomato.

There are many other varieties and variations of sandwiches.

So ... what sandwich do you dream you are? Let us know what you are, and we'll check on your personality.

Personally, I like peanut butter and raisins sandwich. I spread the peanut butter on the slice of bread then carefully place, one by one, enough raisins in straight rows; they should be equidistant from each other, (I use a ruler for this), before covering it with another slice of bread. Then I cut it in four squares of exactly the same size.

I suppose that makes me a fruity nut!!!!!

24 comments:

  1. I love Subway sandwiches and I make my own.
    I think of them as a meal on a bun!
    Your sandwich sounds tasty. Drink lots of water with your peanut butter delight...or maybe you prefer Guinness 🍻

    God's Blessings Victor 💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan, great to see you here again. Thanx. Yes, I prefer Guinness with my sandwiches. I like subways with tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers and olive oil - and black pepper. No cheese or meat - just salad.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. I do love my pbj, Victor, with a glass of milk, of course. Granddaughter, Virginia, love Nutella sandwiches which, by your assessment here, fits her perfectly! She is always good natured and optimistic. However, I do like me some ham and cheese, grilled, from time to time. Oops, gotta go get some lunch; this is making me hungry!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I DO love grilled cheese on toast with ham. Or pitta bread with Feta cheese and watermelon. Do you have pitta bread - or equivalent in the US? You know, flat bread which opens like a pocket and you put salad in?

      Got some in the kitchen ... see you!

      God bless.

      Delete
    2. Yes, we do! I like having that once in a while.

      Delete
    3. Thanx Martha for your response. We'll have to start a list of what is the same, and what is not, in our two countries.

      God bless you all.

      Delete
  3. Sometimes I'm a burger and when I was working I was very busy and always on the go. Sometimes I'm a BLT. Sometimes I'm a turkey sandwich.

    Have a fabulous day, Victor. 😎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of these are very tasty, Sandee. Especially the burger with French fries and chocolate milkshake. We have cranberry sauce with our turkey sandwiches.

      God bless always.

      Delete
  4. I like almond butter and jam but I also enjoy grilled cheese with tomato, onion and salami which I had tonight. BLTs are good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never tried almond butter. Something to look forwards to. But I like your grilled cheese with tomato, onion and salami - a mini pizza I would say.

      God bless you, Bill.

      Delete
  5. Hmmmm! I adore peanut butter ❤️ ... but only 'straight up.' More than a few folks have referred to me as a carnivore -- my favorite 'go to' is a greasy medium rare burger. BTW, that cucumber and water cress sounds revolting, so guess I'll never be welcomed by your aristocracy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to a burger. The cucumber and cress is a small white bread sliced triangle, no crust. A sliver of cheddar cheese with a thin slice or two of cucumber and a few leaves of water cress. It is more like a small amuse-bouche rather than a meal. You can have it in posh upper class shops with tea served in real porcelain cups and saucers and tea pots and milk jugs and sugar bowls. All the same pattern. Possibly white with roses or tiny flowers painted thereon. You should speak in an upper-class accent and say things like ... jolly good ... don't you know ... what? So charming my dear ... absolutely spiffing I would say ... so fabulous indeed.

      Try the words and accent first, Mevely. We'll get to the sandwiches later.

      God bless.

      Delete
  6. Peanut butter and jelly is the one for me. I like it on toast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't say I've ever dreamt of being a sandwich … but I do enjoy eating them :)

    I haven't got a favourite, it also depends on what I have in the fridge! BUT it wouldn't be peanut butter or Nutella … never been keen on those!

    Have a happy Friday

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never tried Nutella. Not keen on chocolate flavoured bread. Cheese and Branston pickle is the one for me right now.

      God bless, Jan.

      Delete
  8. One of the items in my breakfast rotation is a deconstructed peanut butter and jelly...a piece of toast, covered with nut butter, with grapes (or berries, or bananas) placed on top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried it with sliced bananas - next time I will. With some grapes on the side too.

      God bless, Kathy.

      Delete
  9. Since i do not remember ever dreaming of being a sandwich, maybe that just makes me forgetful? What kind of sandwich means forgetful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one you've already eaten and forgot about it.

      God bless you Mimi.

      Delete
  10. My go to diner sandwich is the BLT with mayo. I also love peanut butter and raisins, though I just mash a handful of raisins over the peanut butter I then cover it all with a spoonful of orange marmalade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed about the BLT JoeH. But the raisins should be in neat rows with each raisin equidistant from the other.

      God bless you.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.