Tuesday 27 February 2024

God needs your help

 

OK folks ... I've entitled this post "God needs your help." Surely that is wrong, blasphemous even, I hear you say. How can God need our help ... yours and mine? He is omnipotent and does not need us.

Let me explain. In Olden Times, at the times of the Old Testament, God spoke to His people through the prophets and the elders of the people. Individuals like Moses, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Noah, Jonah and many others. God spoke to them and they taught the people of Israel what they should do. The Ten Commandments were given to the people through Moses. The writings of the Old Testament, and the 300 or so prophesies therein about the birth, life, death and resurrection of Jesus, were given to the many writers by God through the Holy Spirit Who inspired them what to write.

Even today, God speaks to people through the Holy Spirit if we are willing and ready to listen.

So ... what has that to do with me? I hear you say.

Well, you are all good people. I can tell that by visiting your Blogs and reading what you write there. Often I leave a message there, and at times when I have visited many websites I just don't have the time to comment. I leave without saying a word. 

We never know who visits our Blogs without commenting. I check the statistics of my Blog regularly and there are many more passing visitors than people who comment. About 70% of my daily readers are first time  visitors; which is a good thing because I am spreading the net further day by day. I would guess it's the same with your Blogs. You have many more visitors than those who comment.

And that's where you come in ... where you can help God. The world is in a bad state now; perhaps more so than ever before. There's bad news everywhere and the Internet is full of negativity and darkness.

A post every now and then by you about God and Jesus would be like a beacon shining in a dark World Wide Web. 

You don't have to be a theologian, a learned person with many University Degrees, or a pastor, preacher or whatever. Just be yourself. A precious child of God who has been gifted with the courage to spread His Word to a Faith hungry world. 

Every now and then let us say a few words about God and what He has done for us. It may be something we have read or discussed at Bible Study sessions, or a sermon we heard recently, or an event we attended at a church; whatever God has placed in our hearts let us tell the world about it.

The world is full of half-truths and gossip right now. Let us not spread gossip, but spread the Gospel instead.

By whatever we write, who knows, perhaps one person somewhere may be encouraged to learn more about God. What a privilege for us to have been a channel for one individual to be saved.

20 comments:

  1. Hi Victor, yes I agree. I have always seen God as the Master chess player, and we as the chess pieces. We must always share what God has given us to share in the Lord in order for all to see the whole picture. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, sometimes puzzle over these statistics. Who are these people. Lurkers?
    Yours is a super recommendation. Gospel over gossip, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They may be lurkers or people genuinely searching for God. We'll never know. Either way, a comment in our Blogs may set them on the right path. Say for example something you have read or discussed at Bible class. Your regular readers will comment and give their views, and a passing reader (lurker) will probably learn something new.

      God bless you, Mevely.

      Delete
  3. That's truly the whole purpose of my blog, Victor. God does need us to shine his light into this dark and broken world.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yours is a wonderful Blog, Martha. I have learned a lot; and often timely what I needed to hear.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  4. thecontemplativecat here. My blog is a mish mash. I am a writer, so creating a story is rewarding. I also write about God's Blessings on each of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Susan. we can have a mixture of articles and stories on our Blogs; and every so often a Christian based one.

      God bless.

      Delete
  5. Yes, I agree. We are planting seeds here and there and maybe they will grow into someone believing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen and praise the Lord!! That is my main goal and purpose in writing...to share God's love and blessings and bits and pieces of God's Word so others may see it and also believe. This is such an amazing "pulpit" that we would never have otherwise, so I want to use it as long as God makes it available to us. Thank you for your words of exhortation and encouragement today!! Right on! Or, should I say, "Write On!" LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you again for your visit, Pamela. It's true that our Blogs are pulpits for His use and we are here to spread His Word.

      God bless you and yours.

      Delete
  7. It does seem that not so many listen these days.
    The world is changing.
    So much anger and hate, let's try kindness and love.
    Spread the good words ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sadly you are right, Jan. People are not listening and they are focussed on their own pleasures, happiness and comforts. As a world we have become more materialistic; both as individuals and as nations.

      God bless you and your family, Jan.

      Delete
  8. The Almighty uses means to accomplish His ends, and I really believe He does nothing on Earth without some person praying for it or working with Him in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God can ask us to do His will on earth like He did with Moses, and other people in the Bible.

      God bless, Mimi.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.