Wednesday 21 November 2018

The F***ing Ghost

As part of my job I had to visit a remote castle on an island far North in Scotland. The castle was part of ancient defence fortifications just by the sea.

By early afternoon, we received a phone call to say that the ferry taking us to the mainland would not run that evening because of bad weather at sea and because they were expecting a storm that evening.

There was no option but to spend the night in the castle. It had been used in the past to house soldiers and there were a number of rooms ready prepared for such eventualities.

After we had supper that evening we were led to our rooms for the night. Mine was somewhere up the tower and from the window you could see the sea for miles and miles.

The sky was dark with heavy clouds and already strong winds were blowing about the castle and rain started tapping at my window.

There was no TV or radio, so I decided to read over some financial reports I had brought with me and go over the notes I had made of the meeting we had earlier in the day.

As I was concentrating, despite the noise of the wind and rain outside, I heard clearly inside the room a ripping sound. As if someone had ripped the bed sheets, or some curtain.

I was startled and jumped out of my chair. I had not imagined it. There was definitely a loud ripping sound inside my room.

The electric light flickered once or twice but remained lit. Obviously a bad connection somewhere; made worse by the wind whistling through badly fitting windows, or cracks in the walls. Whatever it was, it was not enough for me to rush out of the room; albeit I was more than a little scared.

I sat at my desk and looked around the room for I don't know what.

Then it happened again "Prrrrrrt ... Prrrrrrrt." Twice the ripping sound reverberated throughout the room.

They were followed by the most obnoxious smell you could imagine. Even worse than what you are imagining right now.

It was so bad that I wanted to vomit. I put my hand on my mouth and nose. Both to stop me vomiting and breathing. Then slowly I took small breaths through my mouth.

A few minutes later, the smell had gone. Dissipated by the continuous draught blowing throughout the room.

Nothing else happened that night. No more ripping sounds or bad smells.

The next morning at breakfast I tentatively asked my hosts if there had ever been any reports of sounds or smells in the castle.

"Oh ... the Farting Ghost must have visited your room," they laughed, "we've had reports of him every now and then. Nothing to worry about really!"

28 comments:

  1. Would love to spend a night in such a castle though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are many lovely castles in the UK, Christine, and stately homes too. I have stayed in some.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. That thought makes my eyes water a bit! Now I'm imagining a syndicated comic strip featuring The F***ing Ghost. Sorta like Casper, only different. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could draw cartoons, Mevely. Yes ... I can think of many stories featuring The F***ing Ghost.

      God bless you. Thanx for your good humour.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Indeed they are. Farting in an elevator is wrong on so many levels.

      God bless you Kathy.

      Delete
  4. I've blamed the dog, never a ghost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe the ghost I had in my castle room in Scotland was a Scottish Terrier!

      God bless you JoeH.

      Delete
  5. We have that same ghost here in Texas...

    Hmmmm....

    Good bless... thanks for the laugh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Steve,

      How nice to see you visiting me here. Thank you. Please call again often and soon.

      God bless you, Steve.

      Delete
  6. Ha ha ha!! I think that ghost must travel the world, Victor!! I'm sure I have smelled him here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's a thought Terri. Does he fart with a Scottish accent?

      God bless.

      Delete
  7. That's funny.
    We lived in Kinnaird Castle in Brechin, Scotland for a short time. It was said that it had a ghost that did sewing. I never saw it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did he sell his wares in the souvenir shop, Happyone?

      God bless you.

      Delete
  8. Caspar, the gas-passer! Yes, I have to agree with Terri that this wayward fellow gets around. Blessings, Victor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sets me thinking, Martha. Do ghosts just haunt/stay in one place or do they travel the world? Have their been ghosts in some countries with foreign, non-local, accents?

      God bless you always.

      Delete
  9. I wonder why he was stuck in a tower for eternity, doomed to cut cheese?
    Otherwise, staying in the keep would be great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason, Susan, ghosts are often in old castles, towers, stately homes or such like buildings. I've never heard of ghosts in new homes, or modern apartments.

      Thanks for visiting us again. God bless you.

      Delete
  10. LOL, something definitey stinks. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really dose ... did ... Bill. He must have been eating cabbage, or beans!

      God bless you my friend.

      Delete
  11. A gassy ghost. Maybe they could can it and sell it at the gift shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good thought, Chris. Great idea.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  12. Yep! I hear the ghost daily tooting in our home. The ghost even says excuse me. 😅

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a well educated ghost you have there, Regina. Never heard of a polite ghost before.

      God bless you always.

      Delete
  13. LOL!

    I'd quite like to stay in a castle, I know there are quite a few in the UK, so who knows perhaps one day I may.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some old mansion houses/stately homes have been converted to posh "hotels". It's quite nice to spend some time there.

      God bless, Jan.

      Delete
  14. SERIOUSLY??
    I always get a laugh from you, Victor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Lulu, seriously. Some ghosts just appear and maybe frighten us ... others don't appear but just f***.

      God bless you.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.