Monday 20 September 2021

New Must-Have App

 

I have this new fantastic App on my cell-phone. It is really good. Everyone should load it on their cell-phones.

It checks everywhere in the world and keeps me informed at all times.

The other day, as soon as I loaded it on my cell-phone, it "pinged" and said, "nothing important has happened anywhere in the world". 

I was relieved and got on with my work digging the garden. A robin visited me and started eating worms I'd just dug up.

A few minutes later it "pinged" again and said, "still nothing for you to be concerned about". That was good news, because I like to worry. It raises my blood pressure and makes my heart beat faster. Instead, I calmed down and continued digging the garden with my friendly robin supervising.

Would you believe it? Fifteen minutes later the App "pinged" once more and said, "no celebrity anywhere did or said something that is worth reporting on". 

Can you imagine that? Out of all the self-important celebrities throughout the world not one of them did or said anything that I should know about and pass on to my followers.

I was a little concerned about that. Normally celebrities, like the half-baked idiots that they are, say or do the most inane things to attract attention. What's the matter with them all? Have they suddnely realised that they're not important after all?

What is the point in being a celebrity on a reality show, or a pretend comedian, if no-one is reporting on your asinine behaviour? What will reporters and photographers have to report on if these people don't do or say stupid things?

Half-an-hour later the App "pinged" that none of my millions of social media "friends" and followers had posted anything that I need to stop what I am doing and check immediately on what they said.

What a relief that was. Normally, I spend my time logging-in from one social media platform to another to check what everyone is saying. I am a member of ten million different social medias and my fingers get really tired tapping on the cell-phone to log-in, check on every "friend" and follower, and read their interesting news which I then pass on to other "friends" adding a selfie or two of myself. 

The other day, one of them said that she got to work late because she could not find her shoes. The dog had taken them to his bed. How hilarious. That really made my day. 

Another one had tweeted that her husband had been taken into re-hab to cure his alcohol abuse. How sad. I tweeted back a sad emoji face in return. I don't really know that person, or her husband. She is just one of my many internet "friends". But I'm sure it would have made her day to receive my sad-face emoji.

This time, my new App had reported that none of these "friends" had tweeted or posted anything worth me responding to, or even reading about.

This fantastic App has also got another brilliant feature. If there's nothing worth me knowing about, it just switches the cell-phone off. Isn't that clever?

Of course, it switches the phone on if someone rings me. Otherwise it is off and quiet.

For an extra small payment, the Advanced App will throw the cell-phone in the trash can for you.

25 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. This one is good and free. All you need to do is take the cell-phone battery off.

      God bless, Tom.

      Delete
  2. Most of what is posted on social media isn't worth our time to read in the first place, Victor. That's a clever app, that is. :)
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't understand what youngsters read or see on their cell-phones. You see them on the bus or train staring at the screen all the time.

      God bless, Martha.

      Delete
  3. I've turned off all the 'dings' on my phone, so I have no way of knowing when anything has been updated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Kathy. All these social media dings or alerts are a waste of time.

      God bless.

      Delete
  4. My husband would install this app in the heartbeat. Unfortunately, it would drive me crazy ... the anticipation, the not knowing. YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some "celebrities" tweet the most inane things. Why do their fans or followers want to know what they are saying or doing?

      God bless you and yours, Mevely.

      Delete
  5. FAntastic App, you are dreaming right? LOL You will wake up in a few minutes and find out that the government is broke, all businesses are closing and there is no toilet paper left in the world. Just sayin'.
    I love fiction, this is good!
    Sherry & jack just playing around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am dreaming of the days before cell-phones when we did not need to know every few minutes what someone has tweeted; when we did not need to send selfie photos to one and all. Some people take as many as a dozen photos of themselves each day. Why is that?

      Our generation has survived the toilet paper shortage!

      God bless you and Sherry dear friend.

      Delete
  6. I leave my phone on silent all the time, Victor. If I have any need or desire to know, I look, but otherwise it is at MY discretion as to when I am "On the phone." Introvert at the highest degree!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good plan. I keep my phone switched off. People get annoyed with me that they can't contact me when they need me. Especially when they want me to pick up some shopping from the supermarket, or do some job for them. I reply that I keep the phone off to save electricity in order to save the planet.

      God bless, Lulu.

      Delete
  7. Dearest Victor,
    It sure is BEST not to follow anything and in doing so, not wasting your precious time! What is the value of all the self-important celebrities anyway?! They usually have no moral value, so we lose nothing!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't follow any celebrities. But a lot of people follow me. The other day I tried to get into a public toilet at a restaurant and six people followed me. Same thing when I was at the check-out at the supermarket. In the street, two people in white coats and big butterfly nets follow me always.

      God bless, Mariette.

      Delete
  8. I really couldn’t care less what the vain, over paid, and silly celebrities do. What concern is it of mine if they wear Tuesday’s underwater on Wednesday. I just have zero interest in them. Have a blest week, Victor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said, Nells. Some people write the most inane thing on social media about themselves. We are at the most narcissist period in history.

      God bless.

      Delete
  9. I've never even heard of most the 'celebrities'. :)
    The only app I use on my phone is NetDiary which I use for my food journal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some celebrities should not even be celebrities. No talent whatsoever.

      God bless, Happyone.

      Delete
  10. That's hilarious! I need that app.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to see you here Debby. Please call again and often.

      God bless.

      Delete
  11. Even better is to not be on any of the apps at all and just use the phone to call people when you need to. That's mostly what i do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think there are far too many apps in the world, most of them completely unnecessary. I have only the one that allows me to "check-in" with the QR code at stores and on buses so if I have inadvertently been in a covid hot spot, I can be contacted and told to get tested. My only social media platform is my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, River. Too many not needed apps.

      God bless.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.