Friday 23 February 2024

Advice


 Do you like giving advice to people? What kind of advice? Personal, medical, financial or what? 

Do you give advice when asked or when you think it's appropriate even when not asked for? When you see something you consider is wrong or needs correcting, do you seethe in silence or do you give advice to put the person on the right track? (Kindly of course.)

Do you ask for advice? What kind? Personal, medical or financial, or other? 

Would you discuss a medical matter with a friend first or a doctor straight-away?

Do you like receiving advice from people? When asked for?

How about advice you have not asked for?

My grand-father advised me years ago never to take advice from anyone. So I ignored his advice. Is that agreeing with him or not? Think about it.

Here's some free advice from me. If you go for a job interview, or meet an important person for the first time, balance a banana on you head. It will distract them and they'll perhaps talk about it. It would be a good ice-breaker to start a conversation. Either way you will certainly be remembered.

Do you give God advice? 

When praying do you tell Him what to do? Please help so and so, heal so and so, get me a good job, a promotion ... ... ...   

You'd be surprised how many people want to serve God in an advisory capacity.

Are you one of them? Sure?

OK ... do you take God's advice? How many bits of advice from God or Jesus can you remember and quote below?

Try a few ... ... ...

12 comments:

  1. ...most people don't want to hear my advice, particularly my grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even take my own advice, Tom. Just like my grand-father said.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. Ok, those statues. What is up with that?? 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Click on the link to find out what it means, Sandi.

      God bless.

      Delete
  3. Here's some advice I've taken from God: Love your neighbor as yourself. That's no easy task, especially in these troubled times with troubling people, but God never said we shouldn't love anyway.
    Blessings, Victor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, some people these days are very hard to love ... and forgive. It makes the devil so happy.

      God bless, Martha.

      Delete
  4. I do appreciate receiving advice -- provided I ask. (Well-meaning or not, who needs a busy-body know-it-all?) The waiting for His answer tho' -- that's the hard part!

    Oh, to answer your questions on your last post: No, I don't remember ever seeing that Mars bars commercial. A slogan? I think it's hard to beat that which you've already coined, "Laugh and Pray." Great advice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Mars slogan was very popular in TV adverts over here some years ago. As for my book, "Laugh and Pray", the title came to me as I was writing a collection of short stories some humourous whilst others Christian in tone.

      God bless you, Mevely.

      Delete
  5. Advice: the older I get, the less I will deliberately hand it out, although I suppose one could say I advise in my blog. (it depends on the mindset of the reader). Do I advise God? No. He's convinced me His way is best and I have experienced that to be absolutely true, especially when I have been disobedient.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make a good point about Blogs, Barbara. Indeed, we do advise on Blogs; but then, in our Blogs people have the choice to visit us or not. I'm glad you and other readers visit me. I give good advice here - like balancing a banana on one's head at important meetings. I do it all the time. Balancing a banana that is.

      You are right that God's way is the best. If only people had more faith in Him the world would be a better place.

      God bless you always.

      Delete
  6. Advise from God to put Him first in my life, thank Him every day, be kind and pray always.

    ReplyDelete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.