Monday 12 February 2024

My Business Venture Failure

 

I regret to announce that my latest business venture has failed; and the Corporation I set up has gone into liquidation and bankruptcy despite my many attempts to surmount obstacles and difficulties.

As you know, the rhinoceros is very short sighted. So I set out to help these beautiful creatures by opening a chain of opticians stores in the jungle. The project was doomed to failure from the start.

Our first problem was getting the rhinoceros to sit in the optician's chair. He would not fit in. He wriggled left and right trying to escape. He knocked the whole place about with various equipment and lenses flying all over the place. At one point he kicked our animal psychiatrist in the head and made him reconsider the wisdom of his profession.

In a way, it was just retribution since it was the psychiatrist who encouraged me into this failed venture. He said that rhinos would be more docile and less violent if they could see properly; and the only reason they attack Jeeps and large vehicles is because they think it's another male trying to take over their herd.

We got a bigger chair, but that was no use. The size of the chair was not the problem. The animal was obstinate and in no mood to co-operate. Eventually, when we got him settled with the promise of a lollipop or a sweet if he behaves, we encountered our second problem.

The animal could not read the various sized letters on the chart. How can we check on his eyesight if he could not read? We tried to test the sharpness of his visions by placing various lenses on his eyes and asking, "Is it better this way? Or this way? This way? Or this way?" But he just grunted and not reply.

When at last we managed somehow to measure the creature's eyesight it proved impossible to get him to wear spectacles. He just shook his head and sent the glasses flying. Getting him to wear contact lenses was another failure since he could not pick up the lens with his big feet.

Our chain of stores in the jungle has not seen a customer for months. Despite many offers of 50% reductions in price or get one spectacle and get the other free. 

I wonder whether dental care for crocodiles would be more of a success.

17 comments:

  1. ...your foresight wasn't 20/20!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need to stop looking ahead, Victor, and just be content where you are. No more rhinos!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was only trying to help mother nature, Martha. Which begs the question - why are rhinos short-sighted?

      God bless.

      Delete
  3. Funny fellow, Victor. Tho' the rhino might disagree.
    Such a spectacle over spectacles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite a tantrum from a short-sighted animal.

      God bless, Mevely.

      Delete
  4. I wonder if they're happy the way they are, since that's how The Lord made them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If so, why didn't the rhino tell us when we tried to squeeze him in the chair?

      God bless, Mimi.

      Delete
  5. Victor, Victor, Victor! A rhinoceros is just a Unicorn that has just "let herself go!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a child I always wanted a unicorn as a pet. I'll write about it here soon, Barbara. Check in every day. Hopefully this week.

      By the way, I am having difficulties commenting on your Blog.

      God bless.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for letting me know. I don't know how to fix that. I do have comment moderation set up and have had it that way all along.

      Delete
    3. To switch off comment moderation:

      Log into your Blog.
      Go to your first page.
      Top right click of "Design"
      You'll get a list on the left - Click "Settings"
      Now you have a whole list on the screen. Scroll down until you find "Comments"
      Then "Comments Moderation"
      You can switch it off by choosing "Never"

      God bless.

      Delete
    4. Thanks for this. I have comment moderation set up intentionally and it serves me well because of some strange (I mean by that, unwelcome) comments from time to time and that is how they get eliminated before they can show up on my blog. But your comments are most welcome and I don't know how to remedy that.

      Delete
    5. Barbara, where do my comments go? The spam folder? How come other peoples' comments show up on your Blog? Like Martha?

      I have taken comment moderation OFF on my Blog. When an unwelcome comment is made I just delete it and pray for that person. More opportunities to pray !!!

      God bless you.

      Delete
    6. Maybe that's what I will do.... thanks for the suggestion.

      Delete
  6. Tom's answer did make me laugh :)

    That is a good photograph of the rhinoceros.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Tom's answer is brilliant. I took that photo years ago in an open-air type zoo.

      God bless, Jan.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.