Friday 2 February 2024

Let's Be Logical

 

OK folks ... you'll have to humour me with this. Just keep along with me and think about what I am saying logically in your mind. Answer my questions to yourself, or share your thoughts if you wish. See if I'm talking nonsense or not.

We're living in difficult times full or troubles, anxieties and worries. Look at the state of the world right now. Or look at the economy, the cost of living, politics, poverty, weather patterns and disasters ... need I say more?

Right ... so where does all that leave us? Yes, you and me? 

Do we believe in God - Yes or No?

If we do believe in God, then do we truly believe He is on our side, that He loves us and cares for us? Yes or No?

"If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare His own Son but gave Him up for us all, how will He not also, along with Him, freely give us all things?" Romans 8:31-32

God is for us. He created us. He loves us just like any good parent loves his children. He is not in the business of losing His followers. We need to think and repeat this last sentence frequently. Christ taught about searching for the one lost sheep.

When we're faced with fears and anxieties we need to remember, ALWAYS, that it is the devil's favourite trick to frighten us and to take us away from God. 

We may not be able to control stray thoughts and worries that come into our minds from time to time. We may not be able to control or be responsible for bad dreams we have which keep us fearful in our waking hours. But we CAN keep them under check.

We logically analyse how real our fears are and whether we can get help in resolving them. A friend, a pastor, a professional etc ... there's always help available if our fears are real and not just imagined.

We logically ask whether God is on our side and faithfully hand over those fears to Him asking for His guidance and help.

And we genuinely resist the devil's attacks through prayers and truly holding on to the belief that God is on our side. Because at the end of the day it is what we truly believe that matters.

12 comments:

  1. ...I feel that I was born with a logical mind. Over the years it has been a disability at times, life is rarely logical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I disagree. Life is logical if we think about it logically.

      God bless, Tom.

      Delete
  2. Yes, and yes again! I believe friends and counselors are God-sent to keep us, like the lone lamb, from going astray. While Satan loves to distract, my faith family's there with blinders to keep me focused.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, Mevely. As Christians, we should be there for each other.

      God bless always.

      Delete
  3. If it weren't for my love and trust in God, I would have lost my mind this past week with Danny's emergency, Victor. He is there for us at every turn and fork in the road. Our best laid plans may go awry, but His love will never abandon us.
    Blessings, my dear friend, and thank you for all your prayers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for these encouraging words to all our readers here, Martha. Praying that Danny is getting better and will soon be home.

      God bless you and your family.

      Delete
  4. Yes
    Yes

    2 Corinthians 10:5


    Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debby for this wonderful Bible quotation. Praise the Lord always.

      God bless you and yours.

      Delete
  5. I agree with every word you have written Victor, regarding trusting in God. As I was reading it 2 Corinthians ch. 10 v. 5 came straight into my mind, and then I see it confirmed through Debby's comment. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanx Brenda. We should trust God more than we fear our worries and anxieties.

      God bless you and your family.

      Delete
  6. We can take those stray thoughts captive along with any "suggestions" of the enemy and lay them at the foot of the cross and leave them there. He's taking care of us, He can handle it better than i can.

    ReplyDelete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.