Monday 5 February 2018

Scientific Facts to change your life

Scientists have counted the number of heartbeats a mouse has in a lifetime and found a direct relationship with its size and weight. They then did the same with an elephant and found the relationship/ratio between the number of heartbeats and the size of the elephant to be the same as that of a mouse.

This means that all creatures have a number of given heartbeats in a lifetime commensurate with their weight and size.

A mouse being small and fast-running has a very fast heart beat. He therefore uses his allotted number of heartbeats quickly and dies in a matter of a few months.

The elephant on the other hand has a slower heartbeat per minute and lives much longer.

From this we deduce that humans too have a given number of heartbeats allocated to them at birth; give or take a few heartbeats either way.

And the faster we use our heartbeats the shorter our life would be.

This is a good reason why we should all be fat and sit in front of a TV with a large pizza rather than waste our heartbeats jogging, playing football or other sporting pursuits.

Two more scientific facts about elephants. They are particularly attracted to smelly socks so if you are to visit a zoo or a circus be very careful that you have changed your socks that day, and other underwear which might attract the elephants' attention.

Additionally, it is not true that elephants never forget. I have never received a birthday card from any of them, thus disproving this theory.

Another interesting fact about animals, or insects, involves crickets. You know, those little creatures who chirp incessantly throughout the night in summer.

Well, apparently the number of chirps they make per minute varies depending on the weather. The hotter it is the more chirps per minute; as many as forty or so chirps a minute in really hot steamy nights. But as the weather gets a little cooler the number of chirps a minute is less.

At a temperature of zero degrees centigrade the insect does not chirp at all because he is frozen solid out in the cold.

In England every year people gather for a worm catching contest. They go out in a field and tap the ground with sticks imitating the sound of rain. This excites the worms which come out of the ground and are quickly caught and put in a bucket. The winner is the person who catches most worms in a given period of time.

Last year no one caught any worms in the contest.

It rained all day and they held the contest in the local church hall and the worms could not dig through the concrete floor.

Women who wear perfume are more likely to be bitten by mosquitoes than those who do not. That’s because mosquitoes are attracted to the gentile scent of perfume.

The same does not apply however for men who wear after-shave. This is because men tend to use too much after-shave lotion and they smell like mature manure thus attracting flies instead.

Men who drink a lot, especially liquor such as whisky, rum, vodka and so on, tend to turn mosquitoes into alcoholics when they suck their blood.

An old friend of mine used to drink at least a half-bottle of whisky or rum a day. He lived to age 92 and when he died he was cremated. It took the fire brigade a week to put the flames out.

20 comments:

  1. As always a delight to visit here! I especially like the story about the worm catching contest! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy. I'm so glad you visited me again. And you smiled. God bless you.

      Delete
  2. :D Science even scientists don't know about yet! Astounding! Amazing! And, best of all, amusing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And truthful too, Brian. I tested the one about elephants having good memories and can now prove it is wrong. No one to my knowledge has ever received a birthday card from an elephant. Not even a late one!

      God bless.

      Delete
  3. mmm ... a large pizza and a good TV show sure beat scientific arguments (or any arguments for that matter) any day of the week ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed Linda. I love pizza.

      God bless you my friend.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the giggles! I have been practicing saving my heartbeats for quite some time now. Good to know I'm on the right track with that! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I made you smile Terri. Thanx for visiting me again. God bless you and yours.

      Delete
  5. I've never heard a better argument for eating pizza in my life. :) Thanks for making me smile today, Victor.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smiling is good for you, Martha. Pizza is even better.

      God bless you and your family.

      Delete
  6. Maybe I shouldn't walk so much. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can always walk with a pizza in hand.

      God bless you Happyone.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. It's all science. Pure and simple.

      God bless you, Lulu.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for this very entertaining post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lois. There are other humourous posts in the pipeline. Please visit us again soon.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  9. You got me laughing as I read your post. My heartbeats are irregular so I guess my time is undetermined. Love pizza, always have and always will.
    Enjoy your day Victor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting me again, Bill. It's good to laugh. Best medicine. Cheaper too. When I go to the doctor, instead of a prescription, she tickles me.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  10. Reminds me of the time I went to the zoo and when no one was looking two elephants mugged me. One grabbed me around the wais, held me upside down, while the other one took off my shoes and stole my socks. Oh the horror! ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a brilliant story, Manny. I like it.

      God bless you. Great sense of humour!

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.