Monday 27 August 2018

Naked Attractions

I don't know what has happened to my TV.

For the third year now they are showing a program called Naked Attractions. It first aired on British TV in 2016 and the third series started in August 2018.

Maybe soon it will be made in other countries too. Who knows!

Basically, it is a dating show. One contestant (male) has to choose a date from six females. All standing in front of him totally naked (full frontal). With the show presenter they discuss each person's body parts with the camera homing in so that you get a detailed view on your wide screen TV.

Other variations of the program: One female contestant chooses from six males. Although I have not seen it, there may also be other variations e.g. male choosing from six males, or female choosing from six females.

Once the choosing contestant has made his/her choice out of six then he/she too has to appear fully naked in front of the chosen one and they discuss each others body parts.

They then go on a date, and return to discuss how the date went.

And that's entertainment.

Maybe it's me ... what I don't understand about this program is that these people will sooner or later go back to work and meet their colleagues, friends, acquaintances and family. How do they react in such situations knowing that they have been seen naked on TV and their naughty bits discussed in details? No doubt the show will be repeated and made available on the Internet for all friends and families to record and keep for ... posteriority!!!

I don't know what the world is coming to. Perhaps I am not "with it", not modern enough for this sophisticated world. Maybe I should go on this show myself. That will prove that I can be as sophisticated as the next man ... or woman.
 
Although I am told I don't look good naked any more. As you'll discover on this Blog tomorrow.

24 comments:

  1. I had to click your Wikipedia link to make sure you weren't kidding Victor! This is someone's nightmare you are right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not kidding, Christine. Full frontal, close-up, discussed on TV.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. Nudity doesn't offend me but I will not watch it on TV. Give me a good documentary or a comedy. Come to think of it watching the show that you described could be a comedy :)

    "Although I am told I don't look good naked any more. As you'll discover on this Blog tomorrow."
    I believe I have somewhere to go tomorrow so I will have to miss your posting...that is unless you are going to "bare your feelings or your soul :)

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At first I thought this show was a comedy, Jan. But it is not. People, it seems, are willing to bare all and have their body shapes and sizes discussed and shown on TV, just to get a date. Fame at last. Celebrity.

      Definitely do not miss tomorrow's posting Jan. Try to get an iPad or similar device. One day only. My turn to be famous.

      God bless.

      Delete
  3. There is one here that is like Survivor only it is one male and one female and they are both naked. I don't get it. Nudity doesn't bother me when it is done artfully, but when it is just for a shock factor - no thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never seen Survivor, Terri. As you say, it is for shock or entertainment.

      God bless.

      Delete
  4. This absolutely goes beyond the pale . . . I simply can't imagine such a show exists. What a way to get one's 15 minutes of fame!
    And I'm not sure, Victor, if I should tune in here tomorrow or not - lol!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The show lasts one hour, Martha, with the camera going backwards and forwards over peoples' body parts comparing them to each other. So their 15 minutes of fame becomes a detailed visual record of their bodies, to be recorded by anyone with a video recorder at home.

      As for tomorrow ... it will be done artfully in the best possible taste !!!

      God bless.

      Delete
  5. and they call that entertainment. Something went wrong somewhere but it really doesn't surprise me these days. People will do anything and say anything. Sad, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Bill. That's modern entertainment it seems. Maybe I am not "with it", whatever that means. Or I lack a sense of humour. Not sophisticated enough.

      God bless.

      Delete
  6. I'm (nearly) speechless! 'Just when I think entertainment has stooped to a new low …

    But of course. I can't wait to tune into Reflections tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with what you say, Mevely. What intrigues me, is where do they find the contestants from? Are these real people willing to expose themselves naked? Or are they paid actors? Do people happily volunteer to appear on this show just to be famous? Will they regret it in future when their partners or children see these shows - because no doubt, a recording will be kept somewhere.

      See you tomorrow, Mevely.

      God bless.

      Delete
  7. Things must be getting desperate if that’s all they can come up with for tv viewing, or is it because we are getting harder to shock now, what ever it is I think it’s crazy, there is a show we get here in Canada from America called naked and afraid, a man and woman are abandoned in a remote area with nothing, not even clothing, why they have to be naked is beyond me but I suppose shock value , what is this world coming to,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Laurie. It is shock value and to draw in the audiences. With more audiences you get more adverts and with more adverts more money.

      It's nice to see you visiting me again, Laurie. Thank you.

      God bless.

      Delete
  8. That sounds like the world's WORST show!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Garbage! That's exactly why we got rid of cable TV.
    We are circling the drain...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe that is really a show. That is crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, it is true, Happyone. It is a real show.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  11. Reading the wikipedia entry, it's even more disgraceful than you describe. I'm stunned.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dearest Victor,
    That is a WEIRD and in my opinion, a disgraceful immoral program! For what... only to draw viewers?!
    No way I would ever reveal myself like that, not for a million or more.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Mariette. It is disgraceful. The camera gets really close in and there on your big TV screen you see everything bigger than the original. All to draw in viewers and get advertising money.

      God bless.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.