Monday 30 November 2020

Odd Happenings All Round


Some very odd things have been happening around here which I cannot understand. The family has been away in London. I am alone ... well, with Aunt Elma from Glasgow who has come to visit for a while. I am assured that there is no connection between her coming and my family escaping to London. Just a coincidence.

For the past few days I have noticed things moving around the house. It's as if we have a poltergeist all of a sudden. For example, the other day I left Aunt Elma in the living room watching TV and I went out to work in the garden for an hour or two. When I got back she had moved. She was in the kitchen. How did that happen?

I also left my cup in my office after finishing my coffee and ten minutes later it was washed and in the cupboard. That's never happened before. And the newspapers and magazines seem to have been picked off the floor and placed neatly in the paper rack next to the TV. 

I have not mentioned this to Aunt Elma because I do not want to spook her and frighten her to death. 

I went out to the shops and when I came back I found the house had been vacuum cleaned, the washing all done in the kitchen and the washing machine working on another load of laundry. The flower pots had been watered. The dog fed, the cat fed, the litter tray cleaned, the fish tank refreshed with new water and the fish fed, and a hot pie cooking in the oven.

I was about to mention all this to Aunt Elma but she was snoozing on the armchair in front of the TV. She doesn't seem to be doing much since she's been here. Just watching TV and sleeping. I don't want to say a thing and upset her feelings. You would have thought that as a guest she would help around a bit. But no ... she has not lifted a finger.

If it was not for the ghost that has suddenly invaded our home I'd be in a right mess. I'd thought of ringing the priest to exorcise the house but thought better of it. The chances are he'd take the ghost to clean his place instead. So for now I am keeping quiet.

25 comments:

  1. ...did you ever think that Aunt Elma ended up in the kitchen because she was hungry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope ... I thought the ghost or poltergeist had moved her there. Perhaps he was hungry too. Is a poltergeist male or female? Are they strong enough to lift a human from one place to another?

      God bless, Tom.

      Delete
  2. Maybe the Ghostbusters are available.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt Elma strikes again!
    Blessings, Victor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's either her or the ghost. Someone is doing all this cleaning.

      God bless, Martha.

      Delete
  4. Aunt Elma knows more than you think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean she knows who the ghost is? All this cleaning has only happened since she's arrived here.

      God bless, Bill.

      Delete
  5. Oh please, won't you send Aunt Elma my way for the holidays?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She might bring the ghost with her too. Would you like a ghost to do your cleaning, Mevely?

      God bless always.

      Delete
  6. Victor, may I suggest that you take a second look at aunt Elma and her activities? Is it possible that she could be your ghost? Of course not, silly me! Thank you for a delightful and entertaining story. Be blessed today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No ... Aunt Elma would never do any of the cleaning. She is far too lazy. She sits in front of the TV tired and asleep all the time.

      God bless you, Nells.

      Delete
  7. Dearest Victor,
    Well, you better have a serious visit with yourself in the mirror!
    Your Aunt Elma after all seems to be a humble, busy bee and you portray her only as a pest.
    So, since it is Advent, you better get this worked out...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How can she be a busy bee if she is always asleep in front of the TV? What I want to know is who is doing all this cleaning. When my wife returns home and sees a clean house she'll think I did it. She will not believe we have a ghost. She will expect me to help with the cleaning from now on.

      God bless, Mariette.

      Delete
    2. Haha Victor, why not share the credit with that sweet ghost and nevertheless help your wife with the cleaning?! 😉

      Delete
  8. Maybe Aunt Elma could visit me for a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll ask her to bring her ghost with her.

      God bless, Happyone.

      Delete
  9. Aunt Elma might be helping the ghost, that may be why she is so tired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe so ... I never thought of that.

      God bless, Mimi.

      Delete
  10. Hi Victor....sorry I've been away for so long. Long story. Computer crash, car crash....etc. But all is good and I'm back with the living. This was hilarious...I missed you humor!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to see you here again, Wanda. I hope you and your family are OK, please God. Praying for you.

      God bless.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.