Friday 30 August 2024

The TWELVE Commandments

 


The Twelve Commandments for Seniors

1 – Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.


2 - "In Style" are the clothes that still fit.


3 – You don't need anger management. You need people to stop irritating you.


4 – Your people skills are just fine. It's your tolerance for idiots that needs work.


5 – The biggest lie you tell yourself is, "I don't need to write that down. I'll remember it."

6 - "On time" is when you get there.


7 – It would be wonderful if we could put ourselves in the dryer for ten minutes, then come out wrinkle-free...and three sizes smaller.


8 – Lately, you've noticed people your age are so much older than you.


9 – Growing old should have taken longer.


10 – Ageing has slowed you down, but it hasn't shut you up.

11 – You still haven't learned to act your age and hope you never will.

And one more

 

12 - "One for the road" means peeing before you leave the house.

22 comments:

  1. I will try to keep these commandments Victor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Victor, you are a wise old sage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wisdom is an owl on your shoulder.
      Pirate is a parrot on your shoulder.
      Vegetarian is a carrot on your shoulder.

      God bless, Tom.

      Delete
  3. Amen! This deserves a place of honor on our refrigerator door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God loves you so much, if He had a fridge your name would be on it.

      God bless, Mevely.

      Delete
  4. I'm with Mevely on this one, Victor! I laughed because I might be old, but that's one thing I can still do. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your name is on His fridge also, Martha.

      God bless always.

      Delete
  5. 😊, Cheerful Monk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for a laugh but oh so true. :) I was here earlier and I forgot to leave my comment. Imagine that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to see you return here, Bill. Thanx. God bless you.

      Delete
  7. Never pass up the opportunity to use the facility or take a nap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take a nap at the facilities !!!

      God bless, Mimi.

      Delete
  8. 12 made me laugh - sadly I can relate. Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to laugh and pee at the same time. Is it?

      God bless always, Debby.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.