Once upon a time there was a priest. After reading the Gospel at Sunday Mass he approached the lectern and said to the congregation, "You have heard today's Gospel. Now do you know what I am going to preach about?"
Expecting him to talk about the subject of the Gospel they replied "Yes!"
Then the priest said, "In that case there's no point in me preaching to you, is there?" And he continued with the Mass and gave no sermon. This annoyed some in the congregation who expected a sermon each Sunday to set them up for the week.
The following Sunday, again after reading the Gospel he approached the lectern and said, "You have heard today's Gospel. Now do you know what I am going to preach about?"
This time, without exception, they all said "No!"
The priest replied, "Neither do I", and continued with the Mass and no sermon.
The congregation were irritated and complained. Some wrote to the bishop.
The following Sunday, again the priest asked, "You have heard today's Gospel. Now do you know what I am going to preach about?"
Some members of the congregation said "Yes!" and others said "No!"
The priest responded, "Let those who know what I'll speak about tell those who do not know!" and he continued with Mass and no sermon.
This time, because of many complaints to the bishop, the bishop had no option but to call the priest in for a talk.


That gave me a chuckle! :)
ReplyDeleteThanx K. God bless.
DeleteI clicked, but nothing happened other than the moving arrow. Must be a Catholic thing that a Baptist doesn't understand.....
ReplyDeleteDid you click the word HERE? It works from this end. If it does not for you please let me know and I'll get my techie to check what's wrong.
DeleteGod bless, Barbara.
That made me laugh, I'm sure everyone was talking about the bishop after church. :)
ReplyDeleteYes, I bet they all wondered about the bishop.
DeleteGod bless, Bill.
That was funny.
ReplyDeleteMany thanx Mary. God bless.
DeleteHilarious, Victor! Thanks for the laughs today. God bless!
ReplyDeleteI thought it would be a good way of advertising, Martha. God bless you.
DeleteHeeheehee! It may be close to time for him to retire.
ReplyDeleteYes, both him and the bishop! God bless, Mimi.
DeleteHappy Sunday Victor . . . and yes, your link works!
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
Thank you Jan for letting me know about the link; I was worried I'd have to call in my techie again.
DeleteGod bless you always.
Chortling! Another one to share with Pastor.
ReplyDeleteI hope your Pastor likes this post.
DeleteGod bless, Mevely.
Good story. You got us there.
ReplyDeleteMany thanx Sandie. God bless you.
DeleteOk dude, that done it. I did laugh, But I can sympathize with the OLD MAN. YOu might in the next few months. LOL
ReplyDeleteLove from here and Thanks my friend.
I'm so happy you enjoyed this story, Jack. Best wishes to you and Sherry. God bless always.
Delete