Thursday 10 November 2022

Smiling is a state of mind

 


I've just been reading that, by law, you have to turn your headlights on when it's raining in Sweden.

And I'm thinking, "Who is going to let me know when it's raining in Sweden?"

=======================

My son asked me what procrastinate means. I said, “I’ll tell you later.”

=======================

My wife called me today while I was at work and said, “Honey, I’ve started to get contractions. I need you to drive to the hospital.”

Forty-five minutes later when I got there, I called her back and asked, “Right I’m here, what do you want me to do now?”

=======================

I walked into the dentist’s and said, “I think I’m a moth.”

The dentist said, “I don’t think you should be here. You need to see a psychiatrist.”

I said, “I am seeing a psychiatrist.”

He said, “What are you doing here then?”

I said, “The light was on.”

=======================

Scientists have finally discovered what women really want.

Trouble is, now they’ve changed their minds … (sorry ladies).

=======================

I came home really drunk last night and my wife wasn’t happy at all.

“How much have you had to drink?” she asked sternly, staring at me.

“Nothing” I slurred.

“Look at me!” she shouted, “It’s either me or the pub, which one is it?”

I paused for a second while I thought, and said, “It’s you, I can tell by the voice.”

=======================

My computer said I had to change my password. I entered “beefstew”.

My computer said “Sorry password not stroganoff.”

=======================

A lumberjack applies for a job and gets called for an interview.

The interviewer asks him, “So, what experience do you have?”

The lumberjack replies, “Well, I used to work in the Sahara Forest.”

The interviewer is a little taken aback and asks, “The Sahara Forest? Don’t you mean the Sahara Desert?”

The lumberjack says, “Yeah, that’s what they call it now.”

=======================

Condoms don’t guarantee safe sex any more. A friend of mine was wearing one when he was shot dead by the woman’s husband.

=======================

They say childbirth is the most painful thing someone can experience.

Maybe I was too young to remember, but I don’t think it hurt that much.

=======================

So many people these days are too judgemental. I can tell just by looking at them.

=======================


I’ve recently developed a phobia of elevators ….. I’m taking steps to avoid them.

=======================

19 comments:

  1. ...when windshield wipers are used, lights need to be on here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, same in here too, Tom. But how am I to know in the UK when it is raining in Sweden?

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. Dearest Victor,
    Well, having a positive attitude and wearing a smile is a very healthy thing.
    Continue taking steps for staying in good condition!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each one of these make me smile out loud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to smile, Mevely. It is a sign of hope, I guess.

      God bless you and yours.

      Delete
  4. LOL, life can be funny if you keep a smile on your face. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's true, and I try and try ...

      God bless, Bill.

      Delete
  5. These certainly provided my need for laughter today, Victor. LOL!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often need laughter in my life, Martha. And I share it here with you and my readers.

      God bless.

      Delete
  6. It certainly is good to smile, and I was smiling reading these :)
    Thanks Victor.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good Jan. We need more smiles in this world right now.

      God bless always.

      Delete
  7. Once again thanks for the laughs!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for letting me visit late. Glad you told me, I didn't know I needed my lights on if it was raining there. Call me when someone tells you....
    Sherry & jack catching up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all these new legislations that confuse me, Jack. I mean ... how can someone in the UK know when it is raining in another country? I now keep the car lights on all the time. You should see my electricity bill.

      God bless you and Sherry.

      Delete
  9. I take the steps instead of the elevator, too, when i'm at the church by myself to make coffee for the early morning prayer group. No way am i getting in an elevator by myself in an empty building.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life in an elevator is all ups and downs.

      God bless, Mimi.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.