Tuesday 18 September 2018

WARNING ABOUT VACUUM CLEANERS

WARNING to all of you using a vacuum cleaner. NEVER use a vacuum cleaner indoors with the windows shut. The vacuum cleaner will suck in all the oxygen in the room with dangerous dire effects to all there.

This happened to me the other day. I was at home alone, except for the cat, and I decided to vacuum clean the carpet in the front room. The windows in the house were shut. After a while I felt a little light-headed, then I felt rather faint. I must have lost consciousness and fell to the ground.

Unfortunately, the vacuum cleaner was still on and it tried to suck me and the cat within it.

In seconds, the cat had gone into the vacuum. I gripped tightly into the carpet to try and save myself as I felt I was being dragged into the infernal machine. I was afraid that once inside no one would hear my cries of help since sound does not travel in a vacuum. Especially if the dust bag is full.

I slowly eased myself forward an inch at a time until I reached the electric socket in the wall and I unplugged the vacuum cleaner.

I opened the window to let in some air in the room as I was gasping for breath.

I then reversed the vacuum cleaner controls from suck to blow and switched it on. The cat shot out of the nozzle at speed and flew out of the window upwards, past the tree in our front garden, and into the open window of our neighbour's bathroom, and landed into our neighbour's lap as she was lying there in a warm bubble bath.
Her screams could be heard for miles around as she shot out of her bath tub.

I'll leave the rest of the scenario to your imagination as I stood there watching at her window and asking for our cat back!

22 comments:

  1. LOL!!!
    The moral of this story is...water and electricity don't mix!
    One other point...cat hair is hard to vacuum up especially when the cat is still wearing it 😸

    Blessings My Funny Friend 🐈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, Jan. Maybe I should have shaved the cat first, before vacuum cleaning it.

      I like the little cartoons you draw on your comments.

      God bless.

      Delete
    2. Those little cartoons are just emojis that came on my tablet...can't take credit for drawing them 🎃

      Delete
    3. They look good, Jan. Thanx.

      God bless you always.

      Delete
  2. I could only wish that my vacuum was as powerful as yours. It doesn't even do a good job of picking up the cat hair that's strewn all over the carpets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy. As Jan said above. Are you sure the cat hair is not still stuck to your cat? Also, all vacuum cleaners would suck powerfully as mine if all your windows are closed. Because as it sucks less and less air in the house it becomes more and more powerful. PLEASE don't try it though. You and your cat may well be sucked into your cleaner; as nearly happened to me. Also, please warn others of this danger. Get them to read this post.

      God bless.

      Delete
  3. I've vacuumed a good many times in my life and nothing exciting ever happened to me. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's because, thankfully, you had the windows open, Happyone.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  4. My vacuums always lacked the sucking power, it used to frustrate me every time I used it. Finally invested in a good broom. :)
    Enjoy your evening Victor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brooms are good, Bill. They don't suck the oxygen from a room when the windows are shut.

      God bless and good evening.

      Delete
  5. Well, there's an adventure that truly "sucked." LOL! Thanks for the laugh, Victor, and glad to know you were able to let your cat out of the (vacuum) bag!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it truly sucked, Martha. I could have easily been sucked into the vacuum cleaner with no computer on which to write my blogs !!!

      God bless.

      Delete
  6. I've always suspected no good could come from vacuuming. Meanwhile, I'm still on the hunt for a domestic animal that consumes dust and pollen. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that vacuuming is a waste of time, and a collection of waste, Mevely. I don't see the point of it. The more we clean our house, the more dust accumulates. I have now put a door mat inside the house so people can wipe their shoes before leaving the house.

      God bless.

      Delete
  7. I'm so glad the cat was blown out and hopefully the neighbor brought him home once she was out of her bath! LOL Always fun, Victor, always fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My neighbour was not well pleased. To have a flying cat land on one in the bath is no fun, I tell you. Well ... at the time it was fun for me. Always fun, as you say.

      God bless you, Terri.

      Delete
  8. Watching at her window? Yes, I can only imagine, Victor :}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bungalow ... I wanted our cat back !!!

      God bless you, Chris.

      Delete
  9. "Sound does not travel in a vacuum." Cracks me up, Victor!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't, Lulu. That's what our science teacher said at school.

      God bless.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.