Saturday 24 November 2018

Diary Entry


Dear Diary,

Haven't written here for a while. How have you been? Gathering dust as usual?

So, what's been happening lately? Oh yes ... we got a new pet Guinea pig, or is it a hamster? Can't tell the difference. We named him Dopey after one of the seven dwarves, although I can't remember which one.
 
Anyway, I met Fred the other day. I was out walking the ferret when there he was; Fred, not the ferret. We stopped and talked in the street.

In discussion we talked about re-incarnation. I told him that knowing his luck he'd come back as himself! What a disappointment that would be.

He said he didn't believe in re-incarnation. His view of life is that we are born, we live, we die, we get buried and feed the plants as we disintegrate into the soil. I suppose it is re-incarnation of sorts, coming back as a sack of potatoes or carrots.

"What would you like to be re-incarnated as?" Fred asked me.

"Certainly not as a tin of condensed milk!" I retorted sarcastically. "Do you remember? It was made from contented cows. I wonder what they were contented about?"

He then said that some people can in fact contact those who are gone to the other side.

I said, "What? The other side of the street?"

"No," he replied, "the other side ... when we are dead. Some people believe you can contact the dead. There's this Madame Ratatouille, she lives just up the street, she is a clairvoyant ..."

"What's that?"

"You know, she can see the future ... The other day, she held a seance in the town hall to tell people their future. She arrived a little late due to unforeseen circumstances apparently."

"A seance?" I asked.

"Yes ... she is a medium, you know!"

"I always thought she was extra large actually. She must have gone on a diet since I last saw her!"

"Anyway," Fred continued, "Madame Ratatouille contacted Horace Smallpiece. You remember him? He died some six months ago and no one told him. Apparently, now he is gone he is enjoying himself making love to all the females around him."

"Where? In the after-life?" I asked.

"No, no ..." said Fred, "apparently he's re-incarnated into a rabbit in a field somewhere. He is the only male amongst a lot of women who also re-incarnated into rabbits. They're having quite a good time I believe."

14 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure it was Sneezy that you named Dopey after.

    That rabbit reincarnation thing sounds OK, except for that bottom of the food chain thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's it, You're right, Joeh. We did name Dopey after Sneezy.

      Apparently, in re-incarnation, they do not eat at all. So my rabbit friend is safe, I think.

      God bless you, JoeH.

      Delete
  2. To be reincarnated as myself might not be such an awful thing. That is, if I were to have a road map and all the answers up front!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good point, Mevely, and well made. If we had to have our time again, would we do anything differently?

      God bless you always.

      Delete
  3. I don't know if reincarnation would be worthwhile. Where would you want to be if there is no planet earth left after we get done with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Bill. It is sad how we are ruining our planet. Humanity never learns, it seems.

      God bless.

      Delete
  4. No reincarnation for me. I just want to be in heaven when I die. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with happyone and you, Victor. Hope to see you one day in Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be wearing wings and a cowboy hat, Terri.

      God bless.

      Delete
  6. Victor, I have a blogging friend who truly believes that we are reincarnated, not just winners in eternal life. I do like to hear his perspective, but I always recall Jesus' promise of preparing many mansions, and room in there for all of us. I wonder . . . Does God give us a choice? Can we agree, for His intent and purposes only, to return to earth, not knowing our mission, but discovering it as we rely on Him? Yikes! I think I'm bordering on heresy, but I'd love your opinion. Email privately if you prefer.
    Blessings to you
    1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Martha,

      Let me think about this and either e-mail you privately or write a post about it. What do other readers think?

      God bless.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.