Tuesday, 15 September 2026

X Ray

 

Radiologist: Do come in. Please place any metal objects you are carrying in this tray. Metal reacts with the X Ray. 

Patient: Just like Superman? Can't see through lead?

Radiologist: Something like that ... oh ... I notice you have ear-rings. Can you take them off please and place them in the tray.

Patient: They are silver!

Radiologist: Still metal ... don't worry; I won't steal them. Oh ... you've also got a stud on your eyebrow. Please take this off too. And all other rings and studs and so on.

Patient: I'll try. It's a bit difficult ...

Radiologist:Take off your top, and any vest you're wearing. Any more piercings I need to know about?

Patient: Ehm ... my nipples. I have studs through my nipples too.

Radiologist: I see ... Are they difficult to remove?

Patient: I'll try ... they've been there for a while. Sorry ...

Radiologist: No need to apologise. I am not judging ... just that any metal objects interfere with the X Ray and should be removed.

Patient: It will be difficult removing the ring on my navel. The tattooist told me it's an expert job.

Radiologist: On your navel? I understand ... I'll need to call a specialist nurse to remove this for you. Anything else I need to know about?

Patient: There's a stud on my tongue and cheeks, as well as the rings you can see through my nose.

Radiologist: I noticed them. The specialist nurse will deal with those too.

Patient: Also ... also ... I have a couple of studs and a ring somewhere else ... 

Radiologist: You mean ...

Patient: Yes ... in my private parts ... 

Radiologist: Must have been painful ... and inconvenient ...

Patient: It was at first, but it's good fun. It allows me to express myself ... it's me being me ... isn't it?

Radiologist: I understand ... The thing is all that metal in the studs and rings are an obstruction to the X Ray waves ... you know how an antenna gets sound waves coming through to a TV or radio aerial; all this metal you are wearing acts in reverse and interferes with the X Rays. 

Patient: Actually, it does act like a short-wave radio aerial! Sometimes I can hear music.

Radiologist: What? Heavy Metal music is it?

Patient: It's true ... I think all my jewellery and studs and rings act like a radio aerial. Sometimes, in the shower I hear music.

Radiologist: All right ... I understand ... take your clothes off and let's listen to some Black Sabbath music whilst waiting for the specialist nurse to arrive.    

24 comments:

  1. It feels like the radiologist has seen it all before, because nothing seemed to fluster him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why multiple piercings are NOT a good idea. LOL! I'm still laughing, Victor. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time the patient took a drink it was like a fountain everywhere!

      God bless you, Martha.

      Delete
  3. That was funny. I see some of those piercings and they look like they hurt. Some day as they get older - we'll see who's laughing then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also suspect they are inconvenient; for example piercings on the tongue, cheek and other unmentionable places !!!

      God bless, Sandie.

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness Victor: What a hoot this post was.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it Catherine. God bless you.

      Delete
  5. so very clever....I have always wonder about that .Lucille Ball believed that her teeth fillings picked up music whenever she drove by a radio transmitting tower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting about Lucille Ball ... if her teeth fillings picked up signals from the transmitting tower, what acted as the speakers to broadcast the sound?

      God bless, Susan.

      Delete
  6. I have always wondered about salvation for the Indians in America before they had no chance to hear the Word and Christ. What did God do with them.?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe God is just. He would not banish out of His love someone who has not heard about Him. Just like children who die young before being able to make a decision.

      God bless always.

      Delete
  7. Fun post! Now I wonder how many medical techs encounter those with metal in and about their person. Any time I see these "expressionist" folks, I thank God (that) my thoughts don't appear in little bubbles over my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly, Mevely. It must be painful, and inconvenient, to have piercings in so many places. Like on the tongue and cheeks, through the nose ... and other places. Why? I keep asking myself. Why do it?

      God bless.

      Delete
  8. If he's hearing music, he might need to see a psychiatrist. lol This was funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The psychiatrist was busy having a piercing on his ... ... ...

      God bless, Mary.

      Delete
  9. That was a fun read. Makes you wonder what all doctors have to deal with day after day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to see you visiting here Penny. Thank you. Please call again and invite your friends.

      God bless.

      Delete
  10. Another good reason to stick with just earrings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people I've seen have multiple rings on their ears.
      God bless, Mimi.

      Delete
  11. My goodness I never thought about that. Now days so many have piercings and not just in their ears. I have a medical device in my chest and have a card to let them know but as far as I know, I can still safely have an xray.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I understand it, doctors/radiologists always check on a list what metal objects are allowed or not for X Rays. Piercings like rings and studs do interfere with X Rays because they change the music from Pop or Classics to Heavy Metal.

      God bless, Debby.

      Delete
  12. This is so funny! They clearly tell folks before hand to remove all metals but I bet they have to go through this every day. Piercings and tattoos are so commonplace now, I am astounded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the piercings are made of base metals rather than gold or silver, and therefore can be magnetic. I suppose that's what makes them "attractive".

      God bless you, Kay.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.