Monday 13 May 2024

Searching for peace

 

John 16:29-33

Then Jesus’ disciples said, “Now you are speaking clearly and without figures of speech. Now we can see that you know all things and that you do not even need to have anyone ask you questions. This makes us believe that you came from God.”

“Do you now believe?” Jesus replied. “A time is coming and in fact has come when you will be scattered, each to your own home. You will leave me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me.

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

There is no need to point out in what bad state the world is right now. We can all see for ourselves and come to our own conclusions.

At a time when things are going bad and wrong around us, one thing we could do is to consider someone worse off than ourselves and lend a helping hand. Let us focus on others rather than on ourselves.

This world will never know peace until it learns to forgive ... and love.

22 comments:

  1. ...forgiveness is in short supply!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly you are right, Tom. God bless you and family.

      Delete
  2. Amen to Tom above. We need more forgiveness and of course Love. This is a SWEET read from the mouth of our Lord!
    Thanks my friend we all need a reminder....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jack. God bless you, Sherry and family.

      Delete
  3. Practical advice. Thank you, Victor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A helping hand, indeed! I need to get outside of myself long enough to be fully attentive to others; to give and receive compassion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is always someone near at hand who requires help, encouragement or even a smile. Or a silent prayer.

      God bless you, Mevely.

      Delete
  5. When you read my post tomorrow, Victor, please don't think I copied your statements here on forgiving and helping others, as I said something similar. God gives those who believe in Him the same impressions at times, and that is a good thing.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to your post tomorrow, Martha. I'm so glad you are posting again.

      God bless you and Danny.

      Delete
  6. "This world will never know peace until it learns to forgive ... and love."

    Good words.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanx for your kind words, Jan. God bless you and yours always.

      Delete
  7. I believe God is the only one who can give us that inner peace.
    Forgiveness isn't so much a feeling as a decision.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, forgiveness is a decision many do not want to make.

      God bless, Happyone.

      Delete
  8. Victor: I do believe, I feel God in my heart always.
    Thank-you for a beautiful post, you are amazing.
    The world is in such a sad state, it may be close to the coming close to the Rapture.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Catherine. Yes, the world is in a bad state and the signs are clear for all to see. We should trust God and keep our focus on Him at all times, and not on the matters of this world.

      God bless you and your family.

      Delete
  9. Several months from now I'm giving a talk on forgiveness. I hope that you don't mind that I copied and pasted some of your thoughts into my rough draft for inspiration. (Of course, I will use my words in the final draft, not yours.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please feel free to copy (re-word) anything I have said on forgiveness. Also check my other articles on forgiveness. Just search for "Forgiveness" in the top left search bar of this page.

      God bless, Kathy.

      Delete
    2. Thank you. I would hate to think I would have to ask for your forgiveness for overstepping my boundaries :-)

      Delete
  10. Many of my most joyful times have been when reaching out to others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peace is when we focus on others rather than on ourselves.

      God bless, Mimi.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.