Wednesday 5 June 2024

Idle thoughts of use to you

 


  • Reason for me to smile: Every 7 minutes of every day, someone in an aerobics class pulls a hamstring. 
  • One of life's mysteries is how a 2-pound box of candy can make a woman gain 5 LBS.
  • My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely.
  • The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
  • The nice part about living in a small town is that when you don't know what you're doing, someone else does.
  • The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight because by then, your body and your fat are really good friends.
  • Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.
  • Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness.
  • I gave up jogging for my health. A woman I know whilst out jogging her thighs kept rubbing together and setting her pantihose on fire.
  • Amazing! You hang something in your closet for a while and it shrinks two sizes!
  • Skinny people irritate me! Especially when they say things like, "You know sometimes I just forget to eat." Now I've forgotten my address, my mother's maiden name, and my keys. Sometimes I go upstairs to the bathroom and forget I live in a one storey bungalow. But I've never forgotten to eat. You have to be a special kind of stupid to forget to eat.
  • They keep telling us to get in touch with our bodies. Mine isn't all that communicative but I heard from it the other day after I said, "Body, how'd you like to go to the six o'clock class in vigorous toning?" Clear as a bell my body said, "Listen you ... do it and die."
  • The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing (and then they marry him.)
  • I read this article that said the typical symptoms of stress are eating too much, impulse buying, and driving too fast. Are they kidding? That is my idea of a perfect day.
  • I know what Victoria's Secret is. The secret is that nobody older than 30 can fit into their stuff.
  • If men can run the world, why can't they stop wearing neck-ties? How intelligent is it to start the day by tying a noose around your neck?
  • The best way to help an author is by leaving an AMAZON Review.

20 comments:

  1. ..."My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely." Amen brother!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I'm sober I am totally confused.

      God bless, Tom.

      Delete
  2. "One of life's mysteries is how a 2-pound box of candy can make a woman gain 5 LBS."

    Yeah. What's up with THAT??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing to do is not buy candy or chocolates in a box. Just buy them loose like I do. Believe me, it works. I've lost weight.

      God bless, Sandi.


      Delete
  3. Amazing how I can relate to more than a few! Too, I probably shouldn't have enjoyed the first one so much.
    My favorite? "You have to be a special kind of stupid to forget to eat."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many injuries sustained in the gym, or when out running. I'm sure keeping fit is not good for us. I've never forgotten to eat either.

      God bless, Mevely.

      Delete
  4. I can certainly relate to so many of these things, Victor. Our bodies, as we get older, certainly do not want to cooperate with our minds!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The spirit is willing but my body never bothered.

      Keep smiling, Martha; life is good. God bless.

      Delete
  5. Very amusing and something more. I did not know you were an author and will be happy to check out your work. If you care to, the link to the Kindle version of my own book!
    Aloha friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cloudia; yes I have written a few Christian books, and a few humourous ones to attract new readers to my Christian writings. You can download some books FREE from www.holyvisions.co.uk

      God bless always.

      Delete
  6. Your image makes you look like Saint Damian of Molokai

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A real Saint. The Order of our priests was from Saint Damian of Molokai.

      God bless, Cloudia.

      Delete
  7. Some of them are true!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never lie. Never have never will. I just fall asleep.

      God bless, Happyone.

      Delete
  8. "Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today." Yes, things keep changing! It keeps our little grey cells working trying to keep up with it all.
    ---Cheerful Monk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting tired keeping up with change; it's like saying "are we there yet?" whilst on a carousel.

      God bless, Cheerful Monk.

      Delete
  9. Hi Victor, how strange that I have been putting weight on every day and this morning, after I got on my scales I made it clear that I must cut down on my chocolate bars, I love crunchies. Then I come over to your blog and see you are writing about putting on weight. Definitely time to cut down on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best way to lose weight is to stop weighing oneself.

      God bless, Brenda.

      Delete
  10. We all know a few of the women who got all excited over nothing, it follows them wherever they go.

    ReplyDelete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.