Monday 3 June 2024

Writing Course

Hello dear friends,

You'll be interested to know that I have just started a correspondence course in writing.  By the end of the course I'll be able to write novels and books that everyone will want to read and I'll be as famous as other writers.

As part of the lessons they give us a word which we have to use to write a short story. The word for this week is "fascinated." This is what I wrote.

"Being fascinated is quite an experience. I remember years ago I was fascinated by a young beautiful blonde nurse. She did it with a needle in my arm. 

Have you ever been fascinated by anyone?

Being fascinated can sometimes have side effects, like a sore arm or even worse if you get a reaction to the fascination. 

Did you get a reaction when you were fascinated?"

I've sent my short story to the correspondence course people I wonder what they'll say about it. 

The word for the next lesson is "anticipated". They haven't told us what it means yet. I'm looking forwards to finding out next week.

Have you ever been anticipated?

I wonder if it is different to being fascinated. The correspondence people told us not to look it up in the dictionary because it would spoil the surprise of the next lesson.

They said if I complete the course I'll be a successful writer of world renown. 

I wonder what "renown" means.


10 comments:

  1. ...and I thought that you were world renown now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No ... not really ... our dog barks at me whenever I get home. He certainly does not recognise me.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. I think I'll skip that correspondence course, Victor. LOL!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They advised me to buy a dictionary. Apparently all the books which have been written contain words from the dictionary. All I have to do is put them in the right order.

      God bless, Martha.

      Delete
  3. 😊👍. Please let us know how they respond.
    ---Cheerful Monk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They told me that fascination could be a wonderful thing despite the discomfort of a sore arm or similar such.

      God bless, Cheerful Monk.

      Delete
  4. Once or twice, yes.
    I'm looking forward to seeing what you have to say about "anticipated"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My aunt was always anticipated. She had to take laxatives for it.

      God bless, Mevely.

      Delete
  5. Ummm, just how much did you pay for this course?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still waiting for the first invoice. They said it will be a surprise.

      God bless, Mimi.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.