Tuesday 20 October 2015

Christ's Prayer for us


Just before He was arrested, Jesus prayed for His disciples. (John 17).

Then He prayed for us – yes, you and me. He said:

“I pray not only for them, (the disciples), but also for those who believe in me because of their message. I pray that they may all be one. Father! May they be in us, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they be one, so that the world will believe that you sent me.” John 17: 20-21.

Let me repeat the last bit and write it in bold:

"May they be one, so that the world will believe that you sent me."

Two thousand years later Christians are still disagreeing with each other. The more we dispute on minor things the more we throw doubts and confusion on the Christian message to this world.

You may wish to Donate A Prayer HERE

16 comments:

  1. AMEN, Victor. AND we disagree over the silliest things--like the level of the water!
    Blessings, Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, friend. I could not agree more. I feel like The Enemy is dancing in the streets as Christians all over the world continue to argue and fight and be divided about things that, in the end, Jesus will ultimately have the final say on. Until this time, we are all just playing armchair quarterback. It's football season here and I just had to add that in, ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It saddens me Kim, when Christians spend so much time arguing about the things that divide us rather than rejoice in What and Who unites us.

      I've never understood American football; but then perhaps Americans wonder about the rules of cricket. A game of cricket can last several days and end up in a draw with no one winning.

      God bless you. Praying for you.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tai. Praying for you.

      God bless.

      Delete
  4. The division is our present day Tower of Babel. And never the twain shall meet until Christ returns and sets up His kingdom.
    Christ prayed for us because He is our only intercessor between eternal damnation and eternity with God the Father. He is our Priest in "this present evil age" of grace.
    Hope your day is blessed. ~:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Sparky. We just seem to argue as Christians rather than focus our lives on God.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  5. Great post and great reminder Victor! I used to go to a church, where part of their beliefs was that they focused on unity on the "essentials" and agreed to disagree about other doctrines. I really liked that.
    Blessings, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful to see you visiting again, Aimee. Thank you.

      It must have been a wise church that you used to go to.

      God bless you. Praying for you and yours.

      Delete
  6. I agree too. Add me to the chorus: Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so true, Victor - everyone is so divided today. Yet, as you say, more unites us than divides us. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let's keep our eyes on Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith! May they know we are Christians by our love ...

    ReplyDelete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.